Coronavirus skeptics

How do scientists rule out a virus escaping from a lab?

The virus starting a few miles away from a lab which is a global centre for the study of Corona viruses is a hell of a coincidence. This article from March 2019 highlights that viruses escaping from labs is not uncommon

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/3/20/18260669/deadly-pathogens-escape-lab-smallpox-bird-flu

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

How do scientists rule out a virus escaping from a lab?

The virus starting a few miles away from a lab which is a global centre for the study of Corona viruses is a hell of a coincidence. This article from March 2019 highlights that viruses escaping from labs is not uncommon

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/3/20/18260669/deadly-pathogens-escape-lab-smallpox-bird-flu

What’s your thoughts on the Russians, Salisbury Cathedral, Novichok and Porton Down?

Spoiler

Don’t answer that btw

An engineered virus has been ruled out by those who know about these things, so it came from a bat probably, maybe after coughing in a pangolin's face just before it was served for dinner. Or the sample might have accidentally leaked from a lab, I don't think anyone thinks it happened deliberately. It will be near impossible to prove to everyone's satisfaction which. China have stuff to sort out whether it be food hygiene or lab security and H&S, but fixating on which just helps promote a cold war and global economy meltdown which is seemingly Trump's re-election strategy, just to add to the problems of recovering from Covid. Other bugs will naturally evolve and transfer in the future anyway, we should be using this as a massive and deadly data resource to learn how to do better next time, and hopefully prevent one.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

“First they came for the pish-stained pensioners and I did not speak out....”

When it’s the turn of the fat, bald, own goal scoring, green trouser wearing, internet trolls you’ll be too late to heed the words of Niemöller.

19 hours ago, paranoid android said:

A few of my Facebook 'friends; have been posting/starting groups about coronavirus being a fabrication/scam, etc, and that the lockdowns are the work of Dystopian totalitarian governments, and that 'the masses can't see it, etc.

Now, I'm only too prepared to believe that governments pull the wool over our eyes about all sorts of things all the time, but I reckon that there probably is a serious health risk at the moment.

Any coronavirus lockdown skeptics in the house? 

I've seen a few wacky conspiracies in my time. Including the following:

- The SNP rigged the 2014 independence referendum in order to get their snouts in the Westminster trough.

- Bin Laden is alive and well. He is currently living in Glasgow.

All of these are far more credible than any claims that Coronavirus isn't real.

The conspiracy theorist (singular) on my Facebook also believes that Bill Gates and 5G are trying to take over the world with a “forced vaccine with a chip”, the Government can now “legally detain you, kill you and cremate you”. She thinks that the US government organises school shootings and that that all school shooters have been “pumped full of pharma drugs”, thinks guns should be legalised in the UK so we can protect ourselves from all of this. Finally, she claims she’ll never send her kids to school because post lockdown the Government will force them into quarantine and steal them away to use as fake coronavirus statistics.

So in short, from my experience coronavirus skeptics are fucking nutters and need chucked in a loony bin.

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

An engineered virus has been ruled out by those who know about these things, so it came from a bat probably, maybe after coughing in a pangolin's face just before it was served for dinner. Or the sample might have accidentally leaked from a lab, I don't think anyone thinks it happened deliberately. It will be near impossible to prove to everyone's satisfaction which. China have stuff to sort out whether it be food hygiene or lab security and H&S, but fixating on which just helps promote a cold war and global economy meltdown which is seemingly Trump's re-election strategy, just to add to the problems of recovering from Covid. Other bugs will naturally evolve and transfer in the future anyway, we should be using this as a massive and deadly data resource to learn how to do better next time, and hopefully prevent one.

The wet markets should be closed down after all this. Fcking joke that the world has stood still because some manky kunt decided eating a bat would be a good idea. 

50 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The wet markets should be closed down after all this. Fcking joke that the world has stood still because some manky kunt decided eating a bat would be a good idea. 

Our Far Eastern members will know better @Tight John McVeigh is a tit @SlipperyP, but I think wet markets are just food markets where they spray a lot of water around to extend the freshness. Live and especially wild animals should probably be banned. Get everything sold in nice cellophane packs like here.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Our Far Eastern members will know better @Tight John McVeigh is a tit @SlipperyP, but I think wet markets are just food markets where they spray a lot of water around to extend the freshness. Live and especially wild animals should probably be banned. Get everything sold in nice cellophane packs like here.

Seeing snakes and dog heads at these places is a mindfck. I’m vegetarian so I’m probably the worst person to talk about these wet markets, but things like snakes and dogs shouldn’t be eaten 😞

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Did the internet ever establish whether the CIA created HIV as a way of exterminating homosexuals, or black people?

Why would black people want to exterminate homosexuals?

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Exactly

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You may remember welshbairn that i said something very similar to the first quoted post a while ago. And you called me a racist.

But now you agree with the ban on wet markets?

And its not racist for you to think that?

But it was for me? How curious

Edited by BingMcCrosby

30 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Exactly

You may remember welshbairn that i said something very similar to the first quoted post a while ago. And you called me a racist.

But now you agree with the ban on wet markets?

And its not racist for you to think that?

But it was for me? How curious

You'll have to remind me about the conversation, but If I said much different from above, then you've got me! I don't really know what wet markets are, but I think that bats fucking pangolins are probably a niche bit, so if they cut out wild animals, any live animals come to think of it, they're probably good to go.

Edited by welshbairn