Coronavirus skeptics

A few of my Facebook 'friends; have been posting/starting groups about coronavirus being a fabrication/scam, etc, and that the lockdowns are the work of Dystopian totalitarian governments, and that 'the masses can't see it, etc.

Now, I'm only too prepared to believe that governments pull the wool over our eyes about all sorts of things all the time, but I reckon that there probably is a serious health risk at the moment.

Any coronavirus lockdown skeptics in the house? 

I think I said this on the main thread that while I don’t believe this is a conspiracy, you can bet your bottom dollar there are a few questionable governments and organisations taking notes on lockdown with a view to the future.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

20 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Any coronavirus lockdown skeptics in the house? 

I think there's a difference in being skeptical about the lockdown and being skeptical about the virus itself existing.

I read an article about how people had known about this virus as long ago as 1963 when a special report landed on the desk of President John F Kennedy. 

He was just about to take action to have it dealt with but first of all he had to make a trip to Dallas.

Sounds totally plausible to me.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Square go when we can get back to Somerset...

...kidding. I don’t mean to sound like a douche on the covid thread. I guess life is all about opinions. Popular or not 

FFS, mods, please? This is surely at least a month's suspension. 

I saw one of the Gordons, D or S, say "douchebag" the other day and was shocked he wasn't immediately emptied. Can we get this patter nipped in the bud just now please?

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

FFS, mods, please? This is surely at least a month's suspension. 

I saw one of the Gordons, D or S, say "douchebag" the other day and was shocked he wasn't immediately emptied. Can we get this patter nipped in the bud just now please?

Thank you. 

If the mods start binning folk for shite patter it’s the clowns that end their posts with “Thank you”.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If the mods start binning folk for shite patter it’s the clowns that end their posts with “Thank you”.

I'm thanking the mods in advance for their help in this serious matter. 

Good manners cost nothing. 

Thank you. 

I do believe it's a virus that is being quite well contained. I don't believe it's a virus that has mutated and grown without the help of scientists in a lab though. 
The virus has been disected by independent scientists in numerous countries and found to be natural and untampered with. You're right it has mutated as it has travelled around the world though with there being three main strains. Unfortunately the strain in Europe is more deadly than the ones in North America or Asia.