LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

3 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

What's happened to Canning, I remember him as a young center half at Ross County, is he still in the game, or moved on to something totally new?

Since departing Hamilton, Canning has been at Real Betis, Celtic, Leicester City, Preston, Aberdeen and Sunderland to assist with coaching.[19]

In August 2019, Canning took on the role as Head of Coaching at North Kelvin United on an interim basis. In November 2019, he was appointed permanently.[20]

^^^^^^^From Wiki

I might have made this up but I think Canning's quite successful in property too. Suppose that might mean he's not rushing to get back into football - and football will hardly be in a rush to get him.

Some jobber outfit will end up appointing him, labelling it as "ex-Premiership manager", before he's sacked within a year.

23 hours ago, yummy fur said:

As much as Canning had his faults to say he was one of the worst managers in Premier league history is just plain silly.

OK tell me who was worse,anyone that was there for say a season

I hope McMann stays, I think there's a player there. Especially at Championship level.

As for Rice.... hopefully he sees this as a way to get out with a bit of dignity intact. Not being sacked, not walking away after a disastrous season, but actively being pursued by a club that he seemingly has a good relationship with. If he wants to go there's absolutely no point in the board forcing him to stay.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57190642
Accies deny Falkirk permission to speak to Rice.
Now I'm no expert in contractual matters, but surely it's much like when a player wants to leave in that they can't really stop him?
Some balls on Rice if he resigns from Accies after all they have done for him.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Dougie Imrie signs on as a first team coach and Head of Academy for us. Martindale saying he was a 'casualty' of your relegation and let go due to it

Most fans are raging he was let go while  Rice and Boozy were "rewarded" with new contracts.

Fair to say Dougie and Daz would have been a popular choice to take over as the Management duo if Rice had buggered off to Falkirk.

The good news continues to roll in  at Accies.😡😠😈

Teams in the Championship next season 

Killie/Dundee, Accies, Raith Rovers, Dunfermline, Inverness Caley, Queen of the South, Arbroath, Ayr, Morton and Partick Thistle 

Not sure if we will even make the playoffs to be honest

21 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

What playoffs though, that's the interesting question...

Really hoping Dundee wins Monday, because with Killie relegated, the Championship next season looks to be one of the most up in the air leagues in sport. 

There has been paper talk that Falkirk were sniffing around maybe Rice to Falkirk. If only

Bad news on that front, Big Yogi has walked away from Ross County, so could he be the new Falkirk manager, leaving us lumbered with The Pudding

10 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

There has been paper talk that Falkirk were sniffing around maybe Rice to Falkirk. If only

Bad news on that front, Big Yogi has walked away from Ross County, so could he be the new Falkirk manager, leaving us lumbered with The Pudding

Is Yogi worth a shot ?