LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

55 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Scully is abysmal so it would not surprise me one bit if we sign him.

This made me laugh...

56 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

A keeper has been an issue since last season finished and it hasn’t been addressed.

... but I'm beginning to warm to Fulton so disagree with this. There's potential there and I'm happy to give him to January at the very least. He's still making a few too many mistakes (needs to stop parrying the ball to opposition, though I never know if the defence is at fault for this kind of thing) for an Accies 'keeper but I'd say he has potential to surpass Woods and Matthews. Not a very high bar, tbf, but worth sticking with IMO. 

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

When will Rice go? My guess is November 2021.

Shout, he's going nowhere unless we look like doing a Partick/Falkirk so that time seems about right. Looking forward to Imrie taking over, not to go full yer da but he might instill a bit of passion/fighting spirit into the team hopefully like the Alex Neil days where the players would have ran through walls for him.

Failing that watching Donati come in and build a team of Celtic/Serie A under 18 loan players would be a laugh.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Shout, he's going nowhere unless we look like doing a Partick/Falkirk so that time seems about right. Looking forward to Imrie taking over, not to go full yer da but he might instill a bit of passion/fighting spirit into the team hopefully like the Alex Neil days where the players would have ran through walls for him.

Failing that watching Donati come in and build a team of Celtic/Serie A under 18 loan players would be a laugh.
I've always held the baseless opinion that Imrie would be a decent manager, although you'd imagine there'd be so many dressing room fall-outs.
Can't wait for the short lived joy of the few hours between you sacking Rice then hiring Canning.
Part two of my weird inner ramblings: when Rice's betting stuff came out, I started wondering whether the club knew all along and told Canning to be on standby for when it was all released, but seemingly absolutely no one knew until just before Accies and Rice released it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Canning's next job, excluding his work with Kelvin, was with us, but it won't be as manager.

We need a short term fix,a guy who knows the League,the opposition and who can work with a shoestring budget ...come on down Tommy Wright.
Sadly Rice will be here till it is too late and who knows where we will be then?
Wright would be absolutely brilliant but will never, ever, ever happen.

We need a short term fix,a guy who knows the League,the opposition and who can work with a shoestring budget ...come on down Tommy Wright.
Sadly Rice will be here till it is too late and who knows where we will be then?

With all due respect, why would Tommy Wright be interested in managing Hamilton Accies?