LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

26 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
5 hours ago, JudgeFlash said:
Yes, because clubs definitely never discuss injuries etc either, eh? Transparency when it comes to a pandemic, is a must IMO. 

It's not just concerning the players though. They have their partner/wife/children's confidentially to think of too if they have to self isolate.

That makes no sense, unless you mean so that the wife/kids do not have to self-isolate as a result of the secrecy of scottish football? 

Accies are offering a new deal for their "Accies Functions" Suite. 

You can come and watch live streams of the games on 7 x 65 inch TV's, food provided, maximum of 85 people seated. 

£42 to watch the upcoming games -  Accies vs hibs, st mirren, rangers, dundee united, ross county and st johnstone. 

Not a bad deal if you miss watching games with friends/crowd. 

6 hours ago, JudgeFlash said:

Accies are offering a new deal for their "Accies Functions" Suite. 

You can come and watch live streams of the games on 7 x 65 inch TV's, food provided, maximum of 85 people seated. 

£42 to watch the upcoming games -  Accies vs hibs, st mirren, rangers, dundee united, ross county and st johnstone. 

Not a bad deal if you miss watching games with friends/crowd. 

Great idea from Accies if it goes ahead.

47 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Shite, tall, his dad was a decent player

As the previous caller said ^ 

he's 26 years old and barely played over 30 professional games, the majority of them being in New Zealand and U23 in the  U.S.A. 
f**k knows why we signed him? He had lovely hair? 

With Want improving and Odoffin doing well, I wonder where Easton fits in. Obviously today it would be on the left of the back three, but it seems harsh to drop two of our better performers (although neither of them covered themselves in glory for United's goal).

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Cardboard cutouts of Trump and Johnson in the stand is very reminiscent of the Union Jack that used to fly on the main stand.

The union flag of the united kingdom, which Hamilton happens to be a part of?

I'm glad Trump and Ulrika are enjoying Oddoffin as much as we are. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Nope what?

The article says he has played for both Alloa and Arbroath in the Championship.

Nope he won't get on his feet running, I may have looked at the wrong transfermarket data :D

26 appearances since 2016.  We really could be doing with some experience within our defence just now, this just looks like a stab in the dark here.  Happy to be proven wrong. 

Edited by JudgeFlash

14 hours ago, Passionate said:

How is Callum Smith doing at the accies,  was a big player at Airdrie last season, not sure if he is Premiership quality though,  he seemed to start the season well,  is he now injured or just out of favour..

I did raise an eyebrow as to why we signed a forward with a poor goal scoring record. 
He's on my long list of "Why" currently. The one positive is he is only 20, so maybe BR has seen some sort of future potential in him. 
I think the issue is we have the following forwards - Winter, Moyo, Ogkmpoe, Tunde, *Potentially Temps also* , with Munro and Johnson being wingers too. The current forward line just aren't doing what is required, so maybe Callum will get more opportunities, or even better, we sign someone who can get 10 goals per season 😍

According to the ever-reliable Scott Burns, we've signed Ryan Scully on a short-term deal to provide competition to Kyle Gourlay who'll be between the sticks tonight.

The Gourlay part could be a mistake on his behalf, or it means Fulton's got COVID/is injured.

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

According to the ever-reliable Scott Burns, we've signed Ryan Scully on a short-term deal to provide competition to Kyle Gourlay who'll be between the sticks tonight.

The Gourlay part could be a mistake on his behalf, or it means Fulton's got COVID/is injured.

Surely if Fulton is injured AGAIN we need a permanent replacement? Even with Fulton fully fit, I'd like a replacement though. 

Scully is abysmal so it would not surprise me one bit if we sign him. A keeper has been an issue since last season finished and it hasn’t been addressed.