LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

With all this publicity around the positive tests at Accies you should probably have a word with your treasurer/receptionist/tea lady and let her know about the various Covid related scams going around.

adult swim look GIF

15 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Raman Bhardwaj (STV) now reporting 3 Hamilton players returned negative results on retest.....

They'll still have to self isolate for 10 days though. I don't understand the secrecy of the players names, nobody is going to start blaming them for catching/not catching something, unless they maybe snuck off to a foreign country for a bit.. 

2 hours ago, JudgeFlash said:

They'll still have to self isolate for 10 days though. I don't understand the secrecy of the players names, nobody is going to start blaming them for catching/not catching something, unless they maybe snuck off to a foreign country for a bit.. 

I do think it’s a bit strange that they aren’t advising what players it was. I know it’s individual medical records but clubs are never shy in coming out and saying Player X is missing due to sickness, flu etc.

Raman Bhardwaj (STV) now reporting 3 Hamilton players returned negative results on retest.....

Annoying but it's probably gonna happen to everyone at some point. Hopefully things get ironed out pretty quickly.

I do think it’s a bit strange that they aren’t advising what players it was. I know it’s individual medical records but clubs are never shy in coming out and saying Player X is missing due to sickness, flu etc.

We'll find out on Saturday anyway tbf. Unless it's Temps or Collar, who we'll just assume are injured.

9 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Yup, it's not like they've done something wrong, unless it's gonna be a case of they were out partying and all caught it from the same source or something. 

That was REALLY hard viewing.

Kilmarnock are not a great team, yet we looked intimidated and out of shape by comparison. Zero energy, very little fight and some poor goals, again.

Oggy flattered to deceive,  he just is not good enough at holding up the ball, seems like bambi on ice. Moyo on the wing is an absolute waste also, he has no insight on running a channel. Johnson did look quite promising, as he would at least drive into space. Winter? Said it all along, he's shown me nothing to merit a place. Will we ever see Tunde get a shot? He knows how to score goals, not at a great level, but I hope some of that will translate to this league.

The formation changes, the constant playing out of position, feels like Rice is trying to put square pegs in round holes, I don't hold it all on him though, working with a budget and being forced to play predominantly youth players (good enough or not) would make it difficult. 

I'll just leave it. I don't want to make [mention=14779]Scotty Tunbridge[/mention] or [mention=53099]accies1874[/mention] mad.

Hi Szamo,

Thanks for reaching out, I hope you are well. Due to my total lethargic attitude towards Hamilton Academical this season I doubt I will be starting any match threads this season. That could change if we get back in to the grounds soon🤞. I would nominate Patrick Bateman to start the match thread to celebrate his return to the forum.

Krs,
ST[emoji111]️

On 17/09/2020 at 10:25, JudgeFlash said:

On 17/09/2020 at 12:36, Sortmeout said:

Yeah, its hard to understand why clubs aren't alerting opponents when multiple players are made unavailable days before a match, a real head scratcher.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, its hard to understand why clubs aren't alerting opponents when multiple players are made unavailable days before a match, a real head scratcher.

Yes, because clubs definitely never discuss injuries etc either, eh? Transparency when it comes to a pandemic, is a must IMO. 

1 minute ago, JudgeFlash said:

Yes, because clubs definitely never discuss injuries etc either, eh? Transparency when it comes to a pandemic, is a must IMO. 

You can put vague timelines on that.

"Hes picked up a knock and is a doubt".

You tell everyone a players tested positive and its pretty clear how long he's missing.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You tell everyone a players tested positive and its pretty clear how long he's missing.

Why announce it at all then? Do they have a responsibility to announce it? 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yes, that's how transparency works.  
The premier league for example, today Man City announced Gundogan has tested positive, as have other clubs with similar situations. 
If you think one Accies player *outwith perhaps templeton* makes a significant change to a teams tactics against us, then you obviously don't know our team very well 😃