LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Right enough, forgot about that.

Nice wee ground though. 

I remember the red Pyro at the start of the game. Accies Aggro 😜🇦🇹

I think we all were behind the goal for that day, i'm too old to stand still for so long on solid concrete now. 

It would be wonderful if we could get a forward who could net 10 goals per season, I don't think we've had that since 22/MAC? I find the likes of Winter not currently possessing the pace/skill/strength to get that sort of tally in this division either. It's a toss of a coin as to how Oggy and Moyo will perform also. 

Hodson out for two games due to having to isolate. Odoffin probably back to RB and Hamilton at CB, but this pretty much guarantees that Kyle Munro will play v Livi. They might chuck in Stanger just to tweet that we have an all-academy back four.

43 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Hodson out for two games due to having to isolate. Odoffin probably back to RB and Hamilton at CB, but this pretty much guarantees that Kyle Munro will play v Livi. They might chuck in Stanger just to tweet that we have an all-academy back four.

Hodson isolating as he is lodging at the home of the Saints player who tested positive.

Not the result we wanted![emoji107] but what a day for Kyle Munro and the #acciesacademy [emoji109][emoji837][emoji836]️

7 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
21 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Bugger. I wonder if it's linked to Alnwick/Hodson rooming together.

According to Hamilton Advertiser it's 3 youth players.

OK, cool. I hope they're ok (sure they will be) and that you've kept it isolated.

56 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Bugger. I wonder if it's linked to Alnwick/Hodson rooming together.

According to Hamilton Advertiser it's 3 youth players.

Here's hoping they're all ok. Living in Lanarkshire, on a daily basis I see people give little care to social distancing/masks etc, it's no wonder the cases will rise.

This isn't great news.

The fact he’s put it in quotation marks makes me think he’s just being pedantic tbh.

It could quite easily be Slaven, Stanger and Meikel for example, I’d still say they are youth players, the club wouldn’t though as they have squad numbers and train with the first team.

The fact he’s put it in quotation marks makes me think he’s just being pedantic tbh.

It could quite easily be Slaven, Stanger and Meikel for example, I’d still say they are youth players, the club wouldn’t though as they have squad numbers and train with the first team.
I was gonna say that but the fact those guys still train with the first team could be a worry (Meikle was also on the bench the other day).

I was gonna say that but the fact those guys still train with the first team could be a worry (Meikle was also on the bench the other day).

True, but IF they are asymptomatic they aren’t going to spread it that much if at all. Raman also tweeted somewhere that 1 of them didn’t train with the team yesterday and the other 2 only did briefly.

All ifs and buts just now. We will see who plays and doesn’t on Saturday for our answer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54162123
The story reads a "further three players", is that on top of 3 previously or is that just 3 plus Hodson?
It only mentions Hodson +3 so it won't be three further cases, but there is potential for a wee bit of initial panic considering the article was only published three hours ago.

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It only mentions Hodson +3 so it won't be three further cases, but there is potential for a wee bit of initial panic considering the article was only published three hours ago.

Yeah, I'm being an idiot, sorry. I think it's just the BBC being a little late and waiting for official confirmation before running with the story.