LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

Guess that’s it official, again just terrible business by the club to agree to put that clause into the contract of someone who wouldn’t have had many other offers when we signed him.

I imagine that will be his purple patch over and he’ll go back to being the centre mid version of Brian Wake where ever he rocks up next.

26 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Guess that’s it official, again just terrible business by the club to agree to put that clause into the contract of someone who wouldn’t have had many other offers when we signed him.

I imagine that will be his purple patch over and he’ll go back to being the centre mid version of Brian Wake where ever he rocks up next.

It’ll be a standard condition in pretty much every Premiership contract. Ultimately it serves the club well as overpaid fossils don’t have to take up 90% of an already limited budget.  The downside is the better players leave as well.  The okay players will just restructure their contract for another year. 

On 20/05/2021 at 22:26, smc4761 said:

OK tell me who was worse,anyone that was there for say a season

It’s hard to say anyone who was there more than a season but completely off the top of my head

Alex Dyer did a worse job at Kilmarnock with far more resources.

Gary Locke

Stephen Kenny

Pat Fenlon

John Barnes

the Brazilian at Livingston.

I’m sure there are many many more. 

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It’ll be a standard condition in pretty much every Premiership contract. Ultimately it serves the club well as overpaid fossils don’t have to take up 90% of an already limited budget.  The downside is the better players leave as well.  The okay players will just restructure their contract for another year. 

I’d disagree or we would also have the likes of Odoffin, Hamilton and even Templeton for example looking to do the same.

Of those I can see there being a relegation release clause of a certain monetary amount a club would need to pay to get them, but I doubt many clubs agree relegation break clauses with players.

39 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I’d disagree or we would also have the likes of Odoffin, Hamilton and even Templeton for example looking to do the same.

Of those I can see there being a relegation release clause of a certain monetary amount a club would need to pay to get them, but I doubt many clubs agree relegation break clauses with players.

You could be right.   Still, either way, looks like Racist County have signed Callaghan.