LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

13 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

There has been paper talk that Falkirk were sniffing around maybe Rice to Falkirk. If only

Bad news on that front, Big Yogi has walked away from Ross County, so could he be the new Falkirk manager, leaving us lumbered with The Pudding

Still looking like Sheerin to Falkirk.

7 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

Mickey Mallon leaving Dundee Utd and Barry Ferguson leaving Kelly Hearts - come on board we have a chance to get a new guy in and start on a clean slate here for fucks sake !!!!!!!!!

Both those two have agreed new jobs.

On 22/05/2021 at 11:38, jacobsladder said:

Teams in the Championship next season 

Killie/Dundee, Accies, Raith Rovers, Dunfermline, Inverness Caley, Queen of the South, Arbroath, Ayr, Morton and Partick Thistle 

Not sure if we will even make the playoffs to be honest

Can't see us finishing above mid table tbh. Could be a long season. Will be interesting to see what level of player is acquired in the summer (if any).

So did we all get the email?

I thought this quote in particular was quite amusing, " As we begin a new era we have the opportunity to make memories that will last a lifetime and the best way to do that is by purchasing your season ticket now."

A new era with the same failed management team.

Screenshot_2021-05-27-11-57-49-954_com.google.android.gm.jpegScreenshot_2021-05-27-11-57-58-050_com.google.android.gm.jpeg

21 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

£250 is fine if we have a reasonably competitive team.

Sadly, I think just below £14 a game is great pricing. Is PATG not likely to be about £20? 

Ayr, Falkirk, Edinburgh City and Albion Rovers in the Betfred Cup group stage.

We should be aiming to qualify from that group top before we go down to being second seeds next season. However I’m sure as usual the players and management will treat it with disdain and we will lose to Edinburgh City and get taken to penalties off Albion Rovers again.

As usual nothing exciting though with the North/South divide.

3 hours ago, Gingerlad123 said:

A few free agents/out of contract players I could see us possibly approaching

Brad McKay

Aidan Nesbitt

Aaron Doran 

Billy McKay

McKay and Nesbitt signed for Falkirk today.

As always we will leave it till the last minute and sign some dross from English lower leagues. Nothing changes

3 hours ago, Gingerlad123 said:

A few free agents/out of contract players I could see us possibly approaching

Brad McKay

Aidan Nesbitt

Aaron Doran 

Billy McKay

Plus Dicker, Gradyne etc but we will not sign any of them.

Callachan's activated his release clause so is offski. Rice has also said that Kyle Turner turned us down for Partick Thistle which isn't hugely encouraging, although I don't know if he's any good.