LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Interested to hear your thoughts on Brian Rice as a manager. We obviously had him as a coach for years but how has he done as a manager? 

Shite, would drive him to Falkirk myself. Keeping my fingers crossed it’s true.

It would sum up the clown car outfit that is Falkirk FC to a tee if they appointed Rice as manager.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Shite, would drive him to Falkirk myself. Keeping my fingers crossed it’s true.

It would sum up the clown car outfit that is Falkirk FC to a tee if they appointed Rice as manager.

Any elaborations on what has made him shite? Obviously working on a very low budget at you lot and bringing through a decent number of youngsters each season as far as I can see. 

On 18/05/2021 at 13:17, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The gripe I have with the Callachan deal is that we allowed him to put that in his contract despite offering him a 2 year deal.

At the start of the season most of us thought he would be horrendous based on previous viewing so there’s no chance there were many other teams interested in him at that point.

So we now lose a decent player/sellable asset because the board have done some pish negotiating.

Agreed

57 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Interested to hear your thoughts on Brian Rice as a manager. We obviously had him as a coach for years but how has he done as a manager? 

Is he the favourite to become your new manager?

Falkirk paying money to hire Brian Rice is them to a tee, absolute morons but their fans would absolutely lap up signing a manger from a tier above. "MONEY TALKS" and all that.

Hamilton to then bring Dougie Imrie in as manager just days after punting him as a coach.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Falkirk paying money to hire Brian Rice is them to a tee, absolute morons but their fans would absolutely lap up signing a manger from a tier above. "MONEY TALKS" and all that.

Hamilton to then bring Dougie Imrie in as manager just days after punting him as a coach.

I think we'd more lap it up as he's been here before and we know what to expect of him as a coach. That and he's well liked at Falkirk so your 'money talks' is a bit far off. Appreciate the sentiment though.

Clearly doesn't mind working with youth players either which is ideal when we're trying to restart our academy.

Edited by FFC 1876

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I take it the tribunal for Ferguson won't have got us a sell-on fee? Aberdeen are gonna make a huge profit on him which tbh I didn't expect at all so fair play.

Will you not be due part of the 5% solidarity fee that gets paid out to any development clubs?

Spoiler

32765684_ScreenShot2021-05-19at17_36_06.thumb.png.a74d48ae9288075688344cfcf22dd623.png

70039229_ScreenShot2021-05-19at17_36_49.thumb.png.69a69157cae64e07dd6e6024f5ce1786.png

Edited by capt_oats

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any elaborations on what has made him shite? Obviously working on a very low budget at you lot and bringing through a decent number of youngsters each season as far as I can see. 

He played 7 defenders , 1 midfielder and 2 strikers for about 10 games in a row. He gave contract extentions to Ronan Hughes and David Moyo.

He makes subs when there is no need to do so and doesn't make them when he should. By a mile the worst manager I have seen at Accies.

19 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

He played 7 defenders , 1 midfielder and 2 strikers for about 10 games in a row. He gave contract extentions to Ronan Hughes and David Moyo.

He makes subs when there is no need to do so and doesn't make them when he should. By a mile the worst manager I have seen at Accies.

That's a better response. Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

This ^

Also my memory might be playing tricks but I reckon that we've just went through an entire season without a single noticeable "training ground" set piece. 

He gets a reputation for developing and playing young players but this is a manager who preferred Ben Stirling to Jamie Hamilton for a large chunk of the season, refused to play Minmaugh until forced into it for the final games of the season and the youngsters that he did play (Munro & Winter) were constantly played out of position. 

Canning was one of the worst managers in Premier League history, though not as bad as Stubbs at St Mirren. Gues who Stubbs assistant was, yup Rice.

Rice makes Canning look like Pep Guardiola.

Strange team set ups, subs at wrong times, tactically very niaive, won 6 league games from 38. Lost to Annan and Stranraer this season. So what do we do, we give him a contract  extension. You could not make it up.

Please Falkirk take him. I will drive him personally to Falkirk to make sure he gets there

27 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

Canning was one of the worst managers in Premier League history

As much as Canning had his faults to say he was one of the worst managers in Premier league history is just plain silly.

McMann linked with Hibs, St Johnstone and Millwall. Doig to McMann would be some downgrade for Hibs but I'd say he's better than St Johnstone's LWB options. You wouldn't imagine we'll get much of a fee.

8 hours ago, yummy fur said:

As much as Canning had his faults to say he was one of the worst managers in Premier league history is just plain silly.

What's happened to Canning, I remember him as a young center half at Ross County, is he still in the game, or moved on to something totally new?