LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Sorry to jump into your thread but that brought back some great pub crawl memories.

An I right in saying that one of the first KFC's ever opened in Scotland was in Almada St at that time as well. Remember ending up in some kind of chicken shop every Friday night.

Yes .. always used to get a KFC when I came out of the original Hamilton baths ....

8 hours ago, G51 Red said:

Yes .. always used to get a KFC when I came out of the original Hamilton baths ....

Ye olde Hamilton baths were indeed "character forming". Dodging the brown torpedoes once you got past the Blue Diamond,seeing loads of cockroaches when you had to get changed in ' the Big Room'  and the likelihood of getting your feet cut coming out the showers after washing with carbolic soap were indeed  some of the joys.

Then you had the fact those sitting on either side of the Gallery upstairs would look down at those in the changing cubicles;a perverts paradise with plenty long jackets in the gallery on display.

My Mum worked as a Conductress on the then Number 62 double decker to Millgate Road,Fairhill (my street and last stop),so it was a free journey for me and the kids in the street with some cracking Kentucky Fried chips for the journey home.

Great days although the Accies even then had chancers and unambitious Owners/Directors so nothing has changed in that regard.

Of course it's still the Tassie (and the Peacock). Bring back the Zambezi ( I was never actually in there though).
Ah, the Zambam as we called it. My pub of choice when the only place you could get a drink during the day on a Sunday was a hotel, although the term "hotel" applied very loosely to the Zambesi! Was usually full of fellow jakies on all day sessions which usually resulted in a pitched battle as various groups arrived from the scheme pubs. Happy days! [emoji4]

Probably complete pish but I remember rumours the Zambesi was a knocking shop. As I said, I was never in it although I remember a family dinner in The Villa when my sister and I lost it when my mum started going on about how she liked a good lamb shank.

We used to go the old baths in primary school and had to change in the 'Big Room' which I think was just the plant room. At least we couldn't be seen by any pervs in the gallery. Our teacher sat up there doing her knitting while we were in the pool. Our visits were over winter so about half our trips were cancelled because the heating was broken. We were told one time the pool had frozen over but I assume that was made up!

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Probably complete pish but I remember rumours the Zambesi was a knocking shop. 

Heard the same rumours growing up ...

Probably complete pish but I remember rumours the Zambesi was a knocking shop. As I said, I was never in it although I remember a family dinner in The Villa when my sister and I lost it when my mum started going on about how she liked a good lamb shank.

We used to go the old baths in primary school and had to change in the 'Big Room' which I think was just the plant room. At least we couldn't be seen by any pervs in the gallery. Our teacher sat up there doing her knitting while we were in the pool. Our visits were over winter so about half our trips were cancelled because the heating was broken. We were told one time the pool had frozen over but I assume that was made up!
It was a knocking shop. I was told. [emoji41]

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I see we signed a youngster from Sevco on a pre contract. Matthew Shiels, a 20 year old left back. Apparently has been on loan at Clyde, Dumbarton and Edinburgh City previously.

Obviously know nothing about him, but it's got a whiff of the Ben Stirlings about it.

McMann to be punted ASAP?

Dumbarton fans were fairly scathing about him being a shitebag, from my memories of their thread.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dumbarton fans were fairly scathing about him being a shitebag, from my memories of their thread.

He'll probably be a fairly robust player then.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

A general rule of thumb about  players who are one-time Rangers prospects:  the ones who are hyped are shitehawks, and the ones who aren’t hyped are also shitehawks.  

Right, boot everyone not signed for next season out the door. Right now.
The sooner we remove some of the stench of this season the better.

Pathetic interview with Maitland on Sportsound just there.

Don't hold your breath.

?
Usual bunch of excuses.
Disadvantaged by Covid in terms of budget & other teams getting games called off while we played games with multiple players out etc

Says full confidence in Rice & coaching staff & that club aren't 'rewarding failure' by giving them new deals.

Seemed a clear jibe at fans after BG left banner outside stadium.
So unless we look like going down again (a la Reid when Neil took over) then Rice is going nowhere.

Accies board have shown little ambition on the football side of things & seem to have learned nothing over the last 7 seasons we've been up.

4 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Usual bunch of excuses.
Disadvantaged by Covid in terms of budget & other teams getting games called off while we played games with multiple players out etc

Says full confidence in Rice & coaching staff & that club aren't 'rewarding failure' by giving them new deals.

Seemed a clear jibe at fans after BG left banner outside stadium.
So unless we look like going down again (a la Reid when Neil took over) then Rice is going nowhere.

Accies board have shown little ambition on the football side of things & seem to have learned nothing over the last 7 seasons we've been up.

We've been so used to being the little guys, it will be interesting to see how long underperformance would be accepted/ignored in the Championship.