LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

Did they take that tweet down? Shitebags. Was it a video?
Marcus Nash desperate for "[emoji23][emoji122]" emojis by getting Paul Slane on AcciesTV for the Motherwell game. Hopefully a good sign if it's been deleted.

The club's twitter account paid tribute to Robin Fisher who died at the age of 82. I knew Robin a long time but hadn't spoken to him for over a year due to lock down - life long Accies fan who didn't take it too seriously and always happy to joke about football with this Motherwell supporter. An absolute gentleman who had a positive influence on so many people - rest in peace Robin.

The only things keeping me going is some ill advised hope that there might be some sort of relegation break clause in Rice’s new deal as we are going to be struggling to even avoid relegation to the proper seaside league next season with him still here.

And the thought of Arbroath away in person 🐟🍻

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

And its goodnight from us. Its been a blast winding up all the "big teams", but off to Arbroath, Raith next season

Rice win record is actually worse than Canning's. So what do we do, give him a new contract.

You could not make this shit up

21 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Well it's been fun but it's time to go 🥺

19 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
21 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:
Well it's been fun but it's time to go emoji3064.png

It really, really hasn't tbf.

I was thinking the same myself. The Alex Neil 6 months were great fun, but bar the odd derby win or random result at a big ground it has been utter shite since Canning took over all the way to now. But Jesus Christ I didn’t think there would be anything that would make me wish for Canning to still be in charge but Rice and this current clown show of a season has managed it.

Other than getting it right up pundits/opposition fans/2 stand and plastic pitch haters there isnt much benefit to staying in the top league. A bit more media exposure sure, but any increased income doesn’t go into the team anyway so what’s the point?

Honestly going down is the only way we might get things sorted as the current board will have to empty him when we are fighting against relegation from the championship.

Better/different away days (if we are allowed back), we might win more games than we lose, Friday night football, not having to share a ground with mutant old firm fans. Bring it on.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

42 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
44 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:
Well it's been fun but it's time to go emoji3064.png

It really, really hasn't tbf.

Aye fair enough, relegating Dundee was a right laugh though so it's no been all bad 

I could be wrong but I think our goal difference means that we can still (somewhat) realistically stay up even if County win and we lose next weekend. I'm not sure how much better the GD is though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/05/2020 at 16:00, Im_Rodger said:

Onwards, Always and Forever. 

The Premiership Machine looks to take on 2020/2021 Scottish Premiership. 

Our foes:-

• Aberdeen
  • Celtic
  • Dundee United
  • Hibernian
  • Kilmarnock
  • Livingston 
  • Motherwell
  • Rangers
  • Ross County
  • St. Johnstone
  • St. Mirren

None of which are a match for Brian Rices Premiership Machine. 

With the additional money coming our way from the new lucrative SKY SPORTS deal, we will be approaching wealth that is similar to Donald Trumps at this rate. 

Now for a few smug images:-

image.png.5f356fe6406565e7e2eba71a2b4b1884.png

image.png.5fcdf114bb4c1a84c64902d1e86dc288.png

image.png.c22b70612282c74f06693cc26e804cdd.png

image.png.1321ef6f67d02621016fdff773ec78ad.png

As usual f**k  the rest of Scottish Football. 

Police Academy Goodbye GIF

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Got what we deserved in the end.

I'm not as anti Rice as most seem to be, but he really needs to hit the ground running next season or it could get very, very messy.

Actually looking forward to most of the squad getting to f**k. Won't miss any of them.

Correct.

Correct, can’t see anything other than him getting emptied next season when we are floating about 8th.

There’s some talent in this squad, but ultimately not enough which has shown. Although a lot of that talent will end up leaving; Hamilton, Odoffin will be gone to the highest bidder we might get a reasonable fee for Hamilton.

If temps gets another bad injury again we won’t even be in contention for the play offs.

Will everyone get cleared out and the young boys get a game.  Could be an exciting rebuild.  Call yourselves colts.
Keep Rice in charge for too long & we'll be in the Lowland League soon enough.

Will everyone get cleared out and the young boys get a game.  Could be an exciting rebuild.  Call yourselves colts.
You're obviously semi-joking but this is our best group of youngsters for a while. Hamilton will go, but Munro and Winter's development will be interesting and Mimnaugh and Lewis Smith have the potential to be great (relatively speaking). Fulton, McMann, Temps and Scott Martin should hopefully do well too.

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:
10 hours ago, ropy said:

You're obviously semi-joking but this is our best group of youngsters for a while. Hamilton will go, but Munro and Winter's development will be interesting and Mimnaugh and Lewis Smith have the potential to be great (relatively speaking). Fulton, McMann, Temps and Scott Martin should hopefully do well too.

Did you watch McMann last night. One of the worst ever to play for us and I still can't believe he took a short corner and lost possession with less than 5 mins to go when we had 7 or 8 in the box .

7 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Did you watch McMann last night. One of the worst ever to play for us and I still can't believe he took a short corner and lost possession with less than 5 mins to go when we had 7 or 8 in the box .

Didn’t he score last night ?🤔