LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

3 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:
20 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:
The ongoing injury situation not abating.
Never known a team to have so many forwards injured for long periods.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-boss-brian-rice-23862995

And it gets worse!! Ryan Fulton now injured and potentially out for the rest of the season!

Look on the bright side , if St Mirren get a penalty in the next game , McGrath won't send him the wrong  way !

Anyone know the contract status of our players for next season?

Think we'll struggle in the Championship.
Off the top of my head, these guys are under contract for next season:

Fulton, Hamilton, Easton, Want, McMann, Odoffin, Martin, Mimnaugh, Hughes, Moyo, both Smiths, Templeton.

Might have forgotten some though and I'd imagine youngsters like Munro, Winter etc will be tied up.

Yeah he's definitely signed for next season. In all honesty, I think there's a really decent Championship team in that list but we'll try and sell two or three and Lewis Smith and Templeton can't be relied upon to be fit/consistent.

On 07/04/2021 at 15:25, billyg said:

Look on the bright side , if St Mirren get a penalty in the next game , McGrath won't send him the wrong  way !

Certainly didn’t today 

I don't really understand that tbh.
What do they see that we don't?
IMO:

He'll probably keep a relatively happy dressing room, can argue that injuries have fucked us and will point to our largely decent performances in 2021. They'll also struggle to find anyone as willing as Rice to give so much game time to academy players.

However, these would have likely been reasons the board were coming up with to justify them giving him a contract.

The board are just ripping the pish now. 

They really dont give a f**k about the fans, do they?

Worst Accies team for years. Depressing to watch. Manager doesnt have a clue. "Here, have a new contract. Continue to troll the stupid b*****ds"

Edited by ggr

You could not make this shit up. The worst manger in top league and probably in Scotland. His win record is actually worse than Canning, so what do we do, we give him a new contract.

And they wonder why our fan base is so low

Enjoyed Rice's comments in the press conference, particularly "If I was at any other club, I probably wouldn't be the head coach at that club any longer, but this is a unique club."

You don't say. I understand his point is about how committed he is to the club and vice versa, but any other club would've sacked him ages ago.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee