LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

2 year extension for Mimnaugh.

I’m actually surprised at how much forward planning the club seem to be doing with extensions.

If we could get Aaron Martin tied up for next year I’d really like the look of things, however that’s only going to happen if we manage to stay up.

I agree with most of what Rice says here (not a 3-0 game, weird decisions, played pretty well for most of the game) but it seems really, really out of character for not only him but really for any football manager. Quite concerning tbh.

Just listened to his post match interview on the BBC and, while certainly tetchy, he's not "going off on one". I don't know who Gordon is on the SSB interview (a Radio Clyde reporter?) or whether that one came before or after the BBC one. I presume the "expletive laden" one came right after the final whistle and the BBC one was when he'd calmed down a bit.

I was pleased and impressed when Accies stuck by Rice when he admitted his addiction, but I am staggered he's still got a job there now. Feel they could rightly have punted him a while ago.

That interview wasn't a good look.

To be fair I get his frustration.

St Mirren have spent this season getting penalties for literally sweet f**k all.  I have not seen the penalty but I know it will be soft.

That and Jim Goodwin will moan when they next lose they get no breaks. I mean talk about so far of the truth it is unreal.

We play the Paisley buddies next weekend. I am putting my house on Jamie McGrath scoring a penalty. From a mild nudge on the halfway line. That is about right. 

I am with u Brian Rice...

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

St Mirren have spent this season getting penalties for literally sweet f**k all.  I have not seen the penalty but I know it will be soft.
That and Jim Goodwin will moan when they next lose they get no breaks. I mean talk about so far of the truth it is unreal.
We play the Paisley buddies next weekend. I am putting my house on Jamie McGrath scoring a penalty. From a mild nudge on the halfway line. That is about right. 
[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

You got one thing right,  McGrath doesn't miss.

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I agree with most of what Rice says here (not a 3-0 game, weird decisions, played pretty well for most of the game) but it seems really, really out of character for not only him but really for any football manager. Quite concerning tbh.

I mean, not a 3-0 game is a bit of a nonsensical statement. It only shouldn't have been a 3-0 game because Accies passed up 3 gilt edged chances but then we also missed more than our share. 

I don't think many Accies fans could have had any complaints about the scoreline if we went in 3 goals up at the break. 

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean, not a 3-0 game is a bit of a nonsensical statement. It only shouldn't have been a 3-0 game because Accies passed up 3 gilt edged chances but then we also missed more than our share. 

I don't think many Accies fans could have had any complaints about the scoreline if we went in 3 goals up at the break. 

I felt the same way about the Hibs 3-0 at our place with, I feel, some justification. We were denied that penalty which would have made it 2-1 before half time, then Boyle handled the ball for the third.

But regardless how we all felt about that, Goodwin avoided a tear-soaked meltdown and for that I am grateful.

CALLING ALL ACCIES!

Are you passionate about your Dutch themed stadium? Get voting for New Douglas Park on Twitter for Scotland’s Coolest Stadium. 
Voting closes in 30 hours.