LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

On 06/02/2021 at 08:44, AmericanFan said:

Fixed that for you.

There was a small bar I used to go to in KC and that my buddy's wife used to work at that was cash only. We did the math and figured the owner was making around $7K a week under the table.

Max's ?

18 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Couple of boring points (more points than Rangers got though eh?):

- Ian Crocker said that Ryan Fulton signed an extension

- The Jamie Hamilton situation is interesting. Playing so well, has already had interest but out of contract in 2022. Do teams wait for him to run that down? Will we get a shite fee because of that? Will he sign an extension with a generous release clause (like Turnbull at Motherwell)?

They interviewed Fulton pre match and he said he had signed a 2 year extension. So summer 2023 (obviously the club don’t put out anything official). Reasonable forward planning by the club he’d be fine as number 1 choice if we go down, However he’d probably be happy to sit on the bench again if we get a better replacement in if we stay up. And he is getting better? Maybe? I’d still maybe have him slightly at fault for the goal today.

14 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hamilton looks like a real prospect. Hope we manage to handle his contract correctly and not end up with a Lewis Ferguson situation.

As above he is contracted until 2022 so if a team wants him in the summer they’ll have to pay. If it gets to a situation next January he’s still here and hasn’t signed an extension we should be able to get a better compensation fee if he agrees a pre contract elsewhere. As he will have played a lot more games by that point than Ferguson ever did.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

As above he is contracted until 2022 so if a team wants him in the summer they’ll have to pay. If it gets to a situation next January he’s still here and hasn’t signed an extension we should be able to get a better compensation fee if he agrees a pre contract elsewhere. As he will have played a lot more games by that point than Ferguson ever did.
Ah right. I missed all the pre-match stuff so found it weird that Crocker had some obscure exclusive. I thought he'd be a disaster as number one which he definitely hasn't, but he doesn't go long without chucking one or two in. Maybe he's just an average goalkeeper.

On 05/02/2021 at 11:40, Busta Nut said:

Are they really dodgy like?

How do you think they managed to get a last minute goal against the Rangers that was not

1 )  really harmful to winning the league

2 )  not in a Cup Final

2 hours ago, ewan14 said:

How do you think they managed to get a last minute goal against the Rangers that was not

1 )  really harmful to winning the league

2 )  not in a Cup Final

Steady.

I think we should all take a wee step back here.

How upsetting would it be if a fellow P&Ber was found in the Clyde with concrete boots on? Swimming with the fishes etc. Just saying. 

Forgetaboutit. 

8 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Steady.

I think we should all take a wee step back here.

How upsetting would it be if a fellow P&Ber was found in the Clyde with concrete boots on? Swimming with the fishes etc. Just saying. 

Forgetaboutit. 

itk

but heeded !

Edited by ewan14

20 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Isn't compensation calculated by length of time the player has been at your club rather than games played?

So what's changed during the last two games? It surely can't be as simple as Anderson coming in, can it?

Whatever has happened, long may it continue. I'm sure we're all savvy enough to realise it can fall apart at any moment but the team looks like they're up for a fight and that's all I could have realistically asked for given our position and outlook a few weeks ago.
Having Callachan behind the strikers has helped a lot with the way we play, which is where he's been since the last derby. We've only put in two rubbish performances in 2021 but things have all come together in the last two games, and Anderson just adds to that - you can see he has a bit more ability than the other options. I wonder if the way the County game was lost has spurred the players on as opposed to deflating them too. You also can't forget Oggy who'd been out for a couple of months and has made us look much better.

8 minutes ago, Owsley said:

We still have players to come back. There's something about Nathan Thomas's career that tells me he may have a part to play in the last few weeks. No idea if he's injured again mind, the club tell you nothing. 

He is made of glass. Out for 2 weeks after slipping on the ice !!

48 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I don't get the opportunity to say this often but I'm happy with how we're playing right now.

34 minutes ago, Accies1 said:
48 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
I don't get the opportunity to say this often but I'm happy with how we're playing right now.

Yeah, I don't like this feel good factor. It just doesn't feel right.

I was thinking it is going nicely just now so we must be due to be the team that Aberdeen finally score against soon. Their fixtures are Killie at home then Celtic away, so no goals for them on Saturday a very good chance they'll come into a game vs us having not scored a goal in 8 games we all know what will happen then... other than that nothing to worry about.

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

One thing that concerns me slightly is the size/strength in depth of our squad.

A few injuries, and not forgetting the potential COVID absences, could really leave us down to the bare bones.

Fingers crossed it's not an issue.

Hopefully we will see Want, Smith and Thomas back soon which improves things a bit - if they still exist.

I was thinking it is going nicely just now so we must be due to be the team that Aberdeen finally score against soon. Their fixtures are Killie at home then Celtic away, so no goals for them on Saturday a very good chance they'll come into a game vs us having not scored a goal in 8 games we all know what will happen then... other than that nothing to worry about.

That midweek Aberdeen game a year ago was one of the most miserable nights of my life. 3-0 down at half-time to a team that hadn't scored all year, our manager was serving a ban, there were 50 other folk there and we were in the midst of a storm.

One thing that concerns me slightly is the size/strength in depth of our squad.
A few injuries, and not forgetting the potential COVID absences, could really leave us down to the bare bones.
Fingers crossed it's not an issue.

Hopefully we will see Want, Smith and Thomas back soon which improves things a bit - if they still exist.

Smith and Thomas are good players (from what we've seen of Thomas anyway) but you can't see them filling in if, say, Callachan or Anderson get injured. At least Moyo and Winter, while downgrades, are similar to the players they'd come in for.

I can see Saturday being a struggle due to knackered players - just need to hope that doesn't result in injuries and Aaron Martin can play.