LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Are they really dodgy like?

Put it this way, I personally don't believe we managed to bypass the stringent bank security processes and managed to transfer a million to some random in Nigeria. Extremely convenient from a club that up until recently would not accept card payments and purely dealt in cash.

I'll take my tinfoil hat off now 

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Put it this way, I personally don't believe we managed to bypass the stringent bank security processes and managed to transfer a million to some random in Nigeria. Extremely convenient from a club that up until recently would not accept card payments and purely dealt in cash.

Yeah that's what I was basing my throw away money laundering joke on. Did that ever get investigated? In an effort to recover the funds?

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Yeah that's what I was basing my throw away money laundering joke on. Did that ever get investigated? In an effort to recover the funds?

Think they blamed RBS but it all quietly fizzled out 

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Quite a miserable take on things, isn’t it?

Not really.

I just think it was pretty pathetic behaviour in an adult given such a platform.

If you find the word 'jobby' unutterably funny, however, that's entirely up to you.

8 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

How many legit businesses in 2018 were cash only? 2019 was the first time I was able to buy a season ticket with a card.

8 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

How many legit businesses since the turn of the century were cash only?

Fixed that for you.

There was a small bar I used to go to in KC and that my buddy's wife used to work at that was cash only. We did the math and figured the owner was making around $7K a week under the table.

4 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Fixed that for you.

There was a small bar I used to go to in KC and that my buddy's wife used to work at that was cash only. We did the math and figured the owner was making around $7K a week under the table.

KC = Kansas City?

Like the song covered by the Beatles "Going to Kansas City, bringin' my baby back home" ?

Sadly Hamilton has never been immortalised in song, unless you count Gene Pitney's "Town Without Pity".

Just now, Academically Deficient said:

KC = Kansas City?

Like the song covered by the Beatles "Going to Kansas City, bringin' my baby back home" ?

Sadly Hamilton has never been immortalised in song, unless you count Gene Pitney's "Town Without Pity".

Yessir, that's the one. That's where I'm from. My picture is our baseball team.

KC = Kansas City?
Tbf Hamilton does get a mention in The Great Escape.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:
7 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:
KC = Kansas City?

Tbf Hamilton does get a mention in The Great Escape.

True, forgot about that. Wee chef from Crossroads mentioned the racecourse?

Good point but I highly doubt we’ll build on it.

Hopefully I’m wrong but if we don’t take 3 points from 1 of the next 2 games it’s lights 100% out IMO as St Mirren and Hibs will both turn us over.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Good point but I highly doubt we’ll build on it.
Hopefully I’m wrong but if we don’t take 3 points from 1 of the next 2 games it’s lights 100% out IMO as St Mirren and Hibs will both turn us over.
There were encouraging signs against County as well tbf. Maybe this time will be different.

On 04/02/2021 at 19:40, AmericanFan said:

Interesting read, though admittedly I don't grasp all of it.

So the club is involved in tons of charity work in the area, and that also somehow benefits the club financially?

Goodwill !

Couple of boring points (more points than Rangers got though eh?):

- Ian Crocker said that Ryan Fulton signed an extension

- The Jamie Hamilton situation is interesting. Playing so well, has already had interest but out of contract in 2022. Do teams wait for him to run that down? Will we get a shite fee because of that? Will he sign an extension with a generous release clause (like Turnbull at Motherwell)?

On 05/02/2021 at 15:21, Bert Raccoon said:

Premature !?

On 06/02/2021 at 08:44, AmericanFan said:

Fixed that for you.

Your I.R.S. is not very good

Did the owner '' loan " your friend's wife her salary ?

H.M.R.C. rules ( as I head off for ... )

Edited by ewan14