LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that there is something going on behind the scenes at Accies. The deafening silence from the boardroom, the inactivity on the transfer front are highly unusual from us at this point in the season. Has McGowan losing his main revenue stream caused trouble in the boardroom given that he couldn't give a flying f**k about the team? Or are Ronnie and co losing interest and perhaps looking to get out and are quite happy to see us slide back down the leagues? It's the silence from the boardroom that I find unusual given the fact the Maitland and Gray are usually very vocal in the media.

24 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I'm becoming more and more convinced that there is something going on behind the scenes at Accies. The deafening silence from the boardroom, the inactivity on the transfer front are highly unusual from us at this point in the season. Has McGowan losing his main revenue stream caused trouble in the boardroom given that he couldn't give a flying f**k about the team? Or are Ronnie and co losing interest and perhaps looking to get out and are quite happy to see us slide back down the leagues? It's the silence from the boardroom that I find unusual given the fact the Maitland and Gray are usually very vocal in the media.

Agree with this. The lack of any encouraging signs, or even communications, suggests that Accies are in "managed decline" mode.

Saying that, if Billy Gilmour comes on loan, I'll delete this*

* for avoidance of doubt, me enjoying a night out at the Four Seasons next week with Beyonce is a more likely occurrence.

17 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Feels like it's been coming for months. Probably since getting hooked v Motherwell in August.

I didn't see much to suggest he was that bad tbh.

I get the feeling that Accies operate on a "if your doesn't fit, you're not playing" approach.

Might explain why some are persevered with despite offering little in the way of evidence for their inclusion.

Heard Craig Wighton turned down Brian Rice's offer for Dunfermline. Feel bad for Rice, just is having no luck on the signing front. Then again, I'm not surprised nobody wants to sign.
It can only be unlucky so many times. There's clearly an issue here, maybe Rice's fault or maybe the board's.

I've said this before, but any signing we make now is just going to be a waste of a wage. We clearly need to strengthen more than one position too, and I don't know how much better we'll get with a new striker, especially when it's as scattergun as Oakley and Wighton who are two different kinds of striker.

10 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

So that's it we are signing no-one. Pretty much sums us up at the moment, sliding toward relegation with barely a whimper. Accies can f**k right off!

The club are bare faced liars as we all know, so it really wouldn’t surprise me if we did end up signing someone and they’ve just said this to the papers to avoid embarrassing themselves again if they get knocked back ala Wighton.

Although there is probably an 80% chance we just sign no one.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The club are bare faced liars as we all know, so it really wouldn’t surprise me if we did end up signing someone and they’ve just said this to the papers to avoid embarrassing themselves again if they get knocked back ala Wighton.

Although there is probably an 80% chance we just sign no one.

Daily Record saying you've signed Bruce Anderson on loan from Aberdeen.

2 hours ago, spot on said:

So after all than moaning about not getting a striker to save your season you finally get one, .... who has proved already that he can’t hack the championship🤷🏻‍♂️

Looks like it has fallen through anyway.

Will Collar away as well. He was Ok but miles ahead of Trafford and Hughes.

We have had 2 keepers on the bench recently due to lack of numbers and now the squad is 2 less than before. We need the injured guys back asap or a couple of free agents in.

17 hours ago, spot on said:

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We look doomed now. Anyone surprised?

For me, the writing has been on the wall for the majority of the season. A clueless manager who blames the fans for his failings and a squad so horrendous that it would struggle in the Championship.

A total clear out is needed or we are in real danger of a double relegation.

Rice should have gone after the Annan debacle. Keeping him this long means we are doomed.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The club will attack the fans again and go back to full deflection mode.

Wait and see.

Jobbygate will take the flak away from the manager. Thankfully Bobby Bollox has been sacked.

Jobbygate will take the flak away from the manager. Thankfully Bobby Bollox has been sacked.
Shouldn't have got to this stage. Ruins games for fans all season? Who cares. Says something that looks somewhat bad on the club*? Sack him immediately.

As daft as it sounds talking about a co-commentator, it's just more negligence that's made the club look tinpot.

*I found it really funny but more in a disbelief kind of way.