LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Biggest win for Accies in god knows how long. Level on points with St Mirren and they now only have 1 game in hand

https://spfl.co.uk/news/kilmarnock-fc-and-st-mirren-fc-disciplinary-outc

Since we last beat St Mirren 3-0,  in Sept 18. Think the next best was beating your lot 4-0 the year before. We've actually had quite a few thumping wins in the Prem.

Since we last beat St Mirren 3-0,  in Sept 18. Think the next best was beating your lot 4-0 the year before. We've actually had quite a few thumping wins in the Prem.
I'd guess we've had a handful of 3+ goal wins in the Premiership. Can't actually think of many in the SPL (4-1 v Hibs, 3-0 v Killie... any more?).

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
19 minutes ago, Owsley said:

I'd guess we've had a handful of 3+ goal wins in the Premiership. Can't actually think of many in the SPL (4-1 v Hibs, 3-0 v Killie... any more?).

How can you forget beating Motherwell 5-0 & 4-0 in the same season? We've beaten St Mirren 3-0 twice at NDP as well as Aberdeen and Inverness. We also beat Ross County 4-0 in our great spell in 14/15. Just remembered another 4-0 v Dundee United.

Think you're right about SPL, there weren't many. There was also 3-1 at Pittodrie when Flavio missed a great chance to put us 4-0 up but we let them score a consolation with nine men.

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/hafc-letter-to-lanarkshire-valuation-joint-board-lvjb/

I feel like I should be really worried about this, but I can't make head nor tail of it and didn't even make it halfway through.

Did he mention the fans or even the fucking football club once?

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/hafc-letter-to-lanarkshire-valuation-joint-board-lvjb/

I feel like I should be really worried about this, but I can't make head nor tail of it and didn't even make it halfway through.

Did he mention the fans or even the fucking football club once?

football department*

f**k colin mcgowan. The fact he has written this pish about the Council moving to somewhere cheaper when we all fucking pay council tax is farcical.

That is quite a read, when you actually figure out what he's intending to say in spite of the primary school level grammar.

It's really just a gigantic tantrum in essay form with many risible and entitled claims in there, but you have to say that using annual statistics for suicide in Scotland as an argument for the council bankrolling the youth academy is a hell of a hot take.

Losing £300k income a year is a catastrophic blow to Accies and McGowan is doing what any other CEO would and should do by fighting the decision. There is an argument for both sides - The council are within their rights to look at saving money while it is a valid question about the community value of a football club and pulling such a large figure when the club is already reeling from the financial effect of Covid.

What seems to be madness is making the letter public as a press release. What good can that do? Surely it will wind up SLC and if he expected support from the Accies fans then he's lacking a huge amount of self awareness (although the sight of a section of support who demand investment but who are reveling in the club losing money is a strange juxtaposition).  

The club is in a bad way at the moment - finances already devastated by the bank scam, the effect of Covid (100 PPVs a fortnight will not pay Templeton's wages alone), this £300k and no real sellable assets. Big decisions ahead, staying in the Premier league is more important financially than ever but can they afford the gamble of bringing in the calibre of player to do just that?