LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Who decided that was a good idea?

The PR of "oh another one for the future". In reality, he never really looked the part, from the current batch of home-grown youngsters, to me only Lewis Smith looks like he has true potential to make a massive difference to the team in the next few years. The other one I really liked was Leon Mccann, who they stupidly punted. 

3 hours ago, JudgeFlash said:

The PR of "oh another one for the future". In reality, he never really looked the part, from the current batch of home-grown youngsters, to me only Lewis Smith looks like he has true potential to make a massive difference to the team in the next few years. The other one I really liked was Leon Mccann, who they stupidly punted. 

I think when they break through they all look like wee boys. The ones who "make it" seem to be able to bulk up quickly. Thinking of McCarthy, Ferguson and Docherty in particular. 

Maybe that says something about Scottish football, I'm not sure. But some of the lads we have offloaded definitely had ability, maybe just lacked something like a bit of physicality.

Edited by Academically Deficient
Spelling

2 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

I think when they break through they all look like wee boys. The ones who "make it" seem to be able to bulk up quickly. Thinking of McCarthy, Ferguson and Docherty in particular. 

Maybe that says something about Scottish football, I'm not sure. But some of the lads we have offloaded definitely had ability, maybe just lacked something like a bit of physicality.

Lack of physicality certainly does come into play in the scottish prem, however as a lot of players are able to prove, technique can beat strength a lot of the time. The likes of Mimmnaugh etc I just don't see anything that would  have them in a accies lineup I'd like. Smith on the other hand has shown definite glimpses of brilliance, he does however lack physicality. I'm keen to see more of this Tunde fella, if he shows some of the promise that Mikel had, then we could have some exciting attacks again. 

15 hours ago, third lanark said:

Any ideas which club Cunningham is likely to be heading too?

He's not horrendous, I think from all that I've seen league one is more suited to his ability. He was on loan to Clyde, so that could be the destination. 

2 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

He's not horrendous, I think from all that I've seen league one is more suited to his ability. He was on loan to Clyde, so that could be the destination. 

Thanks for the response

Given McCall has said he is potentially looking for another attacking midfielder and with McKenna having headed our way from new Douglas park it’s not a completely impossible scenario he might end up at Firhill either I suppose.

i see he did score about 7 goals last season for Hamilton Accies though most of them were from the penalty spot, it’s still goals and as you say could do well in league one.  I have heard absolutely no link with Thistle but just thought it’s not an impossibility either

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

Thanks for the response

Given McCall has said he is potentially looking for another attacking midfielder and with McKenna having headed our way from new Douglas park it’s not a completely impossible scenario he might end up at Firhill either I suppose.

i see he did score about 7 goals last season for Hamilton Accies though most of them were from the penalty spot, it’s still goals and as you say could do well in league one.  I have heard absolutely no link with Thistle but just thought it’s not an impossibility either

I liked him. Deadly from the spot too. I hope he does well. 

Thanks for the response
Cunnigham signed for Clyde today.

On 04/09/2020 at 17:47, Jack Burton said:
On 02/09/2020 at 15:08, third lanark said:
Thanks for the response

Cunnigham signed for Clyde today.

I did post that was my suspected destination for him. Apart from converting penalties, he didn't show me anything that would warrant a starting place in our side or breakthrough potential. Whilst his wage was probably minimal, it could open the doors to some late signings over the next few weeks. 

3 hours ago, JudgeFlash said:

Former Accie Rakish Bingham has just signed for Ebbsfleet United. 6th tier of English Football, quite the dramatic drop for Posh Spice's favourite. 

Yet another player who played his best football under the management of Martin Canning.

On 08/09/2020 at 14:00, yummy fur said:

Yet another player who played his best football under the management of Martin Canning.

Or a player who was perhaps kept around too long under Martin Canning? Much as I wanted Rakish to be great, we should've all realised after THAT miss at EK he should've been punted.  One premier league goal in 19 appearances in his final year for us. 76 games and 11 goals  with 3 assists... isn't really good reading for our often lone striker. 

8 hours ago, JudgeFlash said:

Much as I wanted Rakish to be great, we should've all realised after THAT miss at EK he should've been punted.  

I was right behind the goals for that one. Almost impossible to miss (good day out though).

I kept waiting for him to come good, but it never happened.