LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

12 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

f**k. I genuinely have no idea, and maybe don't want to know, who it could be then. 

The list of ex players is scary. If it is going to be a positive Crawford is a good shout. 

Others who would be decent to see come back would be Ziggy, Skondras, Tagliapietra or D'Acol but there was also a rumour last week of Carlton Morris.

Knowing us it will be Darren Lyon !

Hopefully getting him fit for a transfer.
Apparently so according to someone on We Are Hamilton.

Gourlay looks OK from what I've seen and I read that Rice was gonna make Fulton number one last summer before he had his operation, but I'd still be looking at signing a first-choice 'keeper.

Really fucking worrying listening to Rice (nothing new there) on sportsound. Only going to be 2 or 3 more signings when we need a Right Back, cover for both full back positions, a Centre Half, a Keeper and probably a striker.

Can’t see us not finishing bottom of with him saying guys that were out on loan to junior sides are going to be around the first team this season.

Really fucking worrying listening to Rice (nothing new there) on sportsound. Only going to be 2 or 3 more signings when we need a Right Back, cover for both full back positions, a Centre Half, a Keeper and probably a striker.

Can’t see us not finishing bottom of with him saying guys that were out on loan to junior sides are going to be around the first team this season.
I'm actually missing the pre season scattergun approach. At least there was an element of intrigue with what to expect when the new season kicked off. Knowing that your defence is going to be honking with players you know are not good enough at this level from previous appearances doesn't bode well.

The article on the BBC said one or two new signings, so three seems wonderful compared to that. A winger and a striker (the positions of the two trialists in the Rangers game) would be fine if they were in addition to a centre-back, right-back and goalkeeper - the latter two should really be a priority. That's just taking into account positions we need starters in; the depth in defence (every position), out wide and up front is minimal, and if Templeton gets injured then we don't have anyone to play as a 10 (Cunningham, I suppose, lol).

On the opening day - against Celtic - we're looking at a back five of:

OFW
McKenna Hamilton Want McMann

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

On the opening day - against Celtic - we're looking at a back five of:

OFW
McKenna Hamilton Want McMann

Good luck with that, they were unreal last season in the opening goal and our shite defence (a back three containing a kid playing his first ever top flight game, and an Estonian loanee who retired 4 months later) got savaged.

On 11/07/2020 at 15:38, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
On 11/07/2020 at 15:08, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I'm actually missing the pre season scattergun approach. At least there was an element of intrigue with what to expect when the new season kicked off.

Agree. I came to enjoy the annual lucky bag transfer window. Amongst underwhelming EPL loanees (the boy from Manchester United, I'm talking about you) or post-it SPFL bottom 6 rejects, there was the odd Kilgannon, Gogic, Stubbs etc.

It's what made the League Cup group games essential viewing for me and about 300 others😃