1st ever junior game memories

traffordab

Rob Roy vs Auchinleck Talbot 2009 Scottish Cup semi final at Adamslie. Didn't actually know anything about Rob Roy but my mates suggested we went so a squad of about 15 of us went down. Out that 15 I'm the only one who regularly still goes sadly. Although after that game I didn't plan on going to anymore really.

I grew up supporting Rangers, had season tickets growing up the lot. But prices of season tickets went up and then my dad hit some financial hardship meaning it wasn't possible. But being young I still wanted that "game day feeling" and thought you'd only get that supporting a Glasgow team so I was about to start watching Petershill as the 88 stopped at the top of my street and right outside Petershill Park. I told my dad about this and he suggested I went back to watch the Rob Roy as they were local (my hometown team) and they played in the same league as Peasy. So he looked up the next fixture for me so me and my pals started going. Ended up really enjoying it and I'm glad I listened to my dad

Neilston v Boness Scottish Cup early 1980s

Boness scored a late goal to win 1-0

Lex Shields stood out as the outstanding player on the pitch.

Umpteen fights all over the ground

A guy got a bottle smashed over his heid right beside me

Then more fights outside after the game

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2020 at 14:41, FuzzyBear said:

Can't see a  problem there !

I was at the 1973 final - Cambuslang 3 Linlithgow 1 but can't remember anything about it.

My fist memory was Linlithgow beating Bo'ness 5-0 or 5-1. Was midweek and Billy Newbury - I think - scored a hat trick.

That was the 1974 final. We lost to the Meadow in 1973. Eric Morris won that for them, good player, ended up at Ibrox