1st ever junior game memories

traffordab

On 26/05/2020 at 16:44, jimbaxters said:

That's quite something. What stopped you from going?

Followed Shire home and away so never really got the chance. Also left Falkirk just after leaving school so if Shire didn't have a game there were closer options to get to than Camelon. Then of course I migrated out here which added to the travel difficulties.....

Edited by Myles Offside

Not my first Junior game because if you blooter the ball over the Coal Road crossbar it lands in my parents back garden so Talbot have always been a part of my growing up (?) However I can always remember Talbot midfielder Puggy Allan taking me and my mate to our first game outside Ayrshire when we played Pollok in the mid 70's. We were amazed at the size of the enclosure and the surroundings. Through time I visited Tinto and Petershill and you could see that those grounds were built when Junior football was in its hey day.

Pollok 3 - 1 Dundee Violet

6/11/04 - Scottish Junior Cup Round 2

My cousin was playing for Pollok at the time so this was the first of a few games I went to that season. One abiding memory of it was the goalkeeper swore a lot and an old boy in the crowd got scudded a belter in the face with the ball which was cleared straight into the crowd about a yard from the touchline.

Went to a few more that season then didn't go back again til the Montrose Scottish Cup replay in 2007 when I was in S3. Went to a bunch of games tail end of that season when we won the league. Did not expect to go 12 yeare without winning it again!

Can't find the programme from that game but this is the one from the next round against Kelty.

Image.thumb.jpeg.bc8e07208455b0e210e849a198471274.jpeg

As it’s a memories thread, does anyone recall the thread on here where a photographer had posted several pictures of junior cup finals? He left an email address on it and I wanted to try and get him to see if I could get some picture. Any help would be appreciated.

Kelty were absolutely outplayed in that game, only reason they were in with a chance at half time was some great goalkeeping by Martyn Parkyn. Pollok scored just before half time,  game finished 3-0. Wee bit of controversy after the second goal, Kelty had put the ball out of play for a player to get treatment and Pollok didn't return it, kicked off on the pitch for a while before things calmed down.
I vaguely remember a bit of a rammy but nothing else.

Other game I went to that season was Hill of Beath Hawthorn. Think it was about 3 years before I saw Pollok play a team that wasn't from the East Coast.

14 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

As it’s a memories thread, does anyone recall the thread on here where a photographer had posted several pictures of junior cup finals? He left an email address on it and I wanted to try and get him to see if I could get some picture. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure but seem to remember a Linlithgow guy...was it RoseyPosey? He was a right narky get but I'm sure he was a photographer.

Try on the East League forum. He'll be getting his Sloggis in a twist about something on there.

Not sure but seem to remember a Linlithgow guy...was it RoseyPosey? He was a right narky get but I'm sure he was a photographer.
Try on the East League forum. He'll be getting his Sloggis in a twist about something on there.

Thank you. I’ll give it a look.

Me and a few bankies were regulars at holm park watching yoker when bankies werent playing but the 1st junior game i can rememeber was when yoker played glenafton in the scottish and we even went on there team bus. The match went 2 pens and stevie long had the chance 2 win it for yoker and missed. Stevie stayed in same street as me thats how i remember lol. Yoker went on 2 lose on pens. Wouldve been some scalp if yoker had won. Glenafton had a few ex bankies in there team garry matthews n scott miller.

Mon the papers

On 27/05/2020 at 06:37, happy said:

Screenshot_20170417-072327.png

Can't see a  problem there !

I was at the 1973 final - Cambuslang 3 Linlithgow 1 but can't remember anything about it.

My fist memory was Linlithgow beating Bo'ness 5-0 or 5-1. Was midweek and Billy Newbury - I think - scored a hat trick.

17 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I was at the 1973 final - Cambuslang 3 Linlithgow 1 but can't remember anything about it.

My fist memory was Linlithgow beating Bo'ness 5-0 or 5-1. Was midweek and Billy Newbury - I think - scored a hat trick.

image.jpeg.5ce95e0564d941fc1811dc2f5d31b1f2.jpeg

18 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Nor here !!!     ☺

Screenshot_20200604-085633.jpg

1 hour ago, alzar7 said:

Nothing beats that very first junior game even if its a lower profile game, the bug never leaves you after the first taste of it! 

Just f**k off traffordab eh?

Edited by Sunrise