The Dundee United Thread 22/23

7 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Sundays game in doubt due to storm damage to the roof of the Jerry Kerr stand. Should check on Fuchs and Levitts fitness before deciding how quick to start the repairs. 

FFS...are finances that bad you're needing players to carry out maintenance?

27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

FFS...are finances that bad you're needing players to carry out maintenance?

Getting them to do it might get some of that testosterone out of their system. Lowers the chances of them sexually assaulting the opposition.

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Getting them to do it might get some of that testosterone out of their system. Lowers the chances of them sexually assaulting the opposition.

They should also get their fans involved - again this may help avoid them assaulting opposition players

16 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Marvin Barley is a decent pundit, and also appears more comfortable, natural and dare I say intelligent than the vast majority of footballer pundits.

Don't know if there's money available for a striker, but it would be great to be able to go into the transfer market to bolster the options. Suspect the management team might be depending on McNulty and Biamou being the answers to the striking problems, and to be fair, if everyone is fit, the midfield looks like it's the area of the squad that need attention.

Our current fully fit midfield is miles ahead of our striking option combination of McNulty, Clark, Appere and Biamou.

I doubt Biamou will be here after Christmas.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Our current fully fit midfield is miles ahead of our striking option combination of McNulty, Clark, Appere and Biamou.

I doubt Biamou will be here after Christmas.

I agree with that, but was of the thought that Courts might be pinning hopes on McNulty and Biamou being the solution to striking issues, while we all seem to accept that if Levitt and Fuchs are out the midfield options are sparse.

The midfield options on Tuesday made Butchers idiotic sending off even more frustrating as had he not been serving a totally avoidable suspension then he would undoubtedly have started and would have given us at least a bit of strength in the middle of the park. 

When Fuchs does go it’s up to the club to try to bring in a capable replacement because clearly we don’t have a ready made option. Our transfer business has been pretty decent this season (jury still out on Biamou) and hopefully we can add a couple in the transfer window while also moving a few on. 

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Tannadice is falling down, falling down, falling down.

Tannadice is falling down.

We hate Arabs.

johnnydun is roaring drunk, roaring drunk, roaring drunk.  johnnydun is roaring drunk.

On a Thursday*.

* other days also apply.

Following today's game, I've created a list of the top 5 things I'd like to see from United over the transfer window.

1. Get Butcher to f**k
2. Get Butcher to f**k
3. Get Butcher to f**k
4. Make sure we keep Fuchs
5. Get Butcher to f**k

There are obviously other issues of concern, but I think those things should be the priority

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Following today's game, I've created a list of the top 5 things I'd like to see from United over the transfer window.

1. Get Butcher to f**k
2. Get Butcher to f**k
3. Get Butcher to f**k
5. Get Butcher to f**k

There are obviously other issues of concern, but I think those things should be the priority

I said a long time ago that we should be aiming for better than Butcher. Not good enough for a team that has top 6 ambitions.

Now the way hes acting, hes a liability. 

57 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

1. Get Butcher to f**k
2. Get Butcher to f**k
3. Get Butcher to f**k
5. Get Butcher to f**k

I broadly agree, but I feel you're going a bit easy on Calum Butcher.