The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Guest Wieghortsnut
4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Hopefully Fuchs and Levitt back soon and a striker in at Christmas please.

Whats the lad from Coventry been like? Got a mate down there and says they were totally gutted when he didn't get a new deal

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
13 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:
Proud dad. Youngest wasn't impressed though as she thought she was getting to have a game on the pitch emoji1787.png
IMG_20211127_095751.thumb.jpg.2c8962b0985fe4e28792e85a33dcf4fc.jpg

She's got that "You're going to embarrass me Dad by posting this on P&B" look.

She knows me well! 

STATEMENT FROM THE BIG BOSS MAN

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7106/STATEMENT-FROM-SPORTING-DIRECTOR-TONY-ASGHAR.html

I appreciate it must he fucking annoying having people question your loyalty and motives but the statement feels a little bit like a half cut Facebook rant in sections.

I'm still not won over by him, he comes accross as full of himself and likes his little cliques. Im not 100% sure if this is as big a deal as hes making it out to be either but I don't know the full details tbf.

Just feels a bit of a minter.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7106/STATEMENT-FROM-SPORTING-DIRECTOR-TONY-ASGHAR.html

I appreciate it must he fucking annoying having people question your loyalty and motives but the statement feels a little bit like a half cut Facebook rant in sections.

I'm still not won over by him, he comes accross as full of himself and likes his little cliques. Im not 100% sure if this is as big a deal as hes making it out to be either but I don't know the full details tbf.

I saw that, and I genuinely have no idea what's going on. All seems odd though

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Who's the ex-player he's raging about?

A section of the support takes every opportunity to have a dig at Asghar, for the past two weeks some have insisted he was at the back of stripping the memorabilia from walls and demanded he makes a statement explaining the situation.

When he does, and his explanation has been accepted by an ex-player who raised the issue, the self same fans point out the statement, which they craved, seeks to divide the support. Yet that appears to be what these angry fans have been trying to do with their false accusations and negative comments, not just in this instance, but for Asghar's entire tenure.

A section of the support takes every opportunity to have a dig at Asghar, for the past two weeks some have insisted he was at the back of stripping the memorabilia from walls and demanded he makes a statement explaining the situation.
When he does, and his explanation has been accepted by an ex-player who raised the issue, the self same fans point out the statement, which they craved, seeks to divide the support. Yet that appears to be what these angry fans have been trying to do with their false accusations and negative comments, not just in this instance, but for Asghar's entire tenure.
Indeed. He can't win really.

The section of our support that have a dislike of Ashgar, despite the reasonable success he's had, and by extension TC, that have been pretty quiet since Robson scored v Sevco, will not be long in making themselves heard at this rate.

Poor performance last night (and on Saturday) but we're very obviously missing key players. 

Edited by Steven W

I think last night (and Saturday although we just about got away it then) shows the limitations of the squad - take out either Fuchs or Levitt and we can just about cope. Take them both out and we really struggle with the players underneath them in the squad. 

I'd say it also shows that for all Clark's limitations, he's still the best option available up front (at least until McNulty and/or Biamou are fit).  Hoti, Glass and Appere may all come good (I doubt it but one or two might) but you can't go with all three without there being a massive drop off in quality.

Also, Tam needs to find a plan B for when it's pissing down and you can't pass the ball on the ground. Hardly an unusual occurrence in Scotland but he seemed to have no answer to playing on a sodden pitch.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Also, Tam needs to find a plan B for when it's pissing down and you can't pass the ball on the ground. Hardly an unusual occurrence in Scotland but he seemed to have no answer to playing on a sodden pitch.

Bartley in the Sky studio called it before the match even started. From scouting us he said we liked to build up play from the back whereas Motherwell prefer to go long and get onto second balls. Considering the conditions, trying to play nice football in big puddles was never going to serve us well

I’m not sure the last time we spent money on a player but we need to buy a striker.

Not some loan deal where the guy has not been playing and needs six games to get up to match speed (and even then might be useless).

We need to get a decent striker in, maybe from a lower league,  even if that means paying for it.

If we do that and get Fuchs and Levitt back fit then a top six finish is still a reality and a top four finish still a possibility.  It would be a worthwhile investment.

7 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Bartley in the Sky studio called it before the match even started. From scouting us he said we liked to build up play from the back whereas Motherwell prefer to go long and get onto second balls. Considering the conditions, trying to play nice football in big puddles was never going to serve us well

Marvin Barley is a decent pundit, and also appears more comfortable, natural and dare I say intelligent than the vast majority of footballer pundits.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not sure the last time we spent money on a player but we need to buy a striker.

Not some loan deal where the guy has not been playing and needs six games to get up to match speed (and even then might be useless).

We need to get a decent striker in, maybe from a lower league,  even if that means paying for it.

If we do that and get Fuchs and Levitt back fit then a top six finish is still a reality and a top four finish still a possibility.  It would be a worthwhile investment.

Don't know if there's money available for a striker, but it would be great to be able to go into the transfer market to bolster the options. Suspect the management team might be depending on McNulty and Biamou being the answers to the striking problems, and to be fair, if everyone is fit, the midfield looks like it's the area of the squad that need attention.