The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Can’t have been the only one wanting Max chucked on at 0-0, but what do I know.

But Louis held up well and some alright runs that we were just what we needed. Unlucky his scaffed effort didn’t end up slipping through. 

They are the kind of decisions that are the make or break, so fair play to Courts, it’s still going well. 

Edited by East Coast Warrior

5 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Levitt still injured then.

Butcher playing again worries me a lot, Courts started him against Dundee and we only got a foothold on the game once he came off and Levitt's passing opened up the game for us.

5 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Maybe thinks the plastic hardman will target Glass..

Called it then.

Delighted for Louis. Thought he was excellent when he came on. And well done Courts on giving him a chance in his favoured position (think we all thought the same thing initially when Niskanen's number went up). Quite why previous managers thought he was a winger (granted v St Johnstone Courts done this too) I'm not really sure. Would probably start with Clark again next week for now, and good to know we've got Apperre waiting on the bench.

Hoti was good as well, and if you ask me, simply is a better player than Butcher, yet in a similar mould. Hoti deserving of more game time I'd say, and if Levitt still not fit next week, I'd start Hoti

I know that yesterday’s vaccine passport checks were a test for the arrival of Celtic in your next home game and United definitely need to learn from this test. I have no problem with showing my passport to anyone, and didn’t have a problem with any of the four people that asked to see my passport yesterday, but United have to improve their system. I turned up early at about 2.10 so there were no queues to speak of, and approaching the first turnstiles I was asked by three people, one after the other within about five yards, to see my vaccine proof. Then when I turned up at my correct turnstile a couple of yards down the street, I was asked again. Good luck if you try that with the guys in the IRA jackets in two weeks. Hopefully United will ask for feedback in how the test event went from the fans point of view. Nothing to do with the test event, but I showed my QR code to all four people which is basically a load of squiggly lines on my phone screen, and they all briefly, very briefly, looked at it and said it was fine. The checks are a total waste of time as it proves absolutely nothing. But that’s obviously nothing to do with United.

The Ojo dismissal has overshadowed the complete and utter stupidity of Butcher’s actions and subsequent red card.  On another day we get beaten by a team with a one man advantage due to him getting involved in an incident that he was not part of.

The Ojo dismissal has overshadowed the complete and utter stupidity of Butcher’s actions and subsequent red card.  On another day we get beaten by a team with a one man advantage due to him getting involved in an incident that he was not part of.

It was just stupid. Edwards is big enough to handle the situation without Butcher getting involved. If you must get some kind of "revenge", at least try and be subtle about it.

I think it's unlikely we'll see Butcher again, except in extreme emergencies.

Just now, Sarto Mutiny said:

It was just stupid. Edwards is big enough to handle the situation without Butcher getting involved. If you must get some kind of "revenge", at least try and be subtle about it.

I think it's unlikely we'll see Butcher again, except in extreme emergencies.

Maybe he knows that he’s well down the pecking order now and wants away.

Think we're being awffy harsh on CB here in respect of yesterday's incident.

Very stupid, no question about it. But I've taken a few sore ones to the cheggies in my time, and never went down in the way Ramirez did. If Butcher done that yesterday while wearing an old firm shirt, there's no way he's getting a red card.

However, as alluded to in my earlier post, I think he's done us a favour and probably accelerated Hoti's inclusion into the side.

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Think we're being awffy harsh on CB here in respect of yesterday's incident.

Very stupid, no question about it. But I've taken a few sore ones to the cheggies in my time, and never went down in the way Ramirez did. If Butcher done that yesterday while wearing an old firm shirt, there's no way he's getting a red card.

However, as alluded to in my earlier post, I think he's done us a favour and probably accelerated Hoti's inclusion into the side.

That's actually a worse take than anything on the match thread. Some effort 

Courts made Butcher captain yesterday, which suggests he’s still got a role at the club. Very likely Courts would change that decision with hindsight, but Butcher’s a good back up in a couple of positions so I wouldn’t rush him out the door. 

The incident yesterday was daft. He forgot the golden rule of being a shitebag - always check where the ref is first. Madden was looking right at him! What I would say though is that Ramirez saw he was never winning the first header and seemed to jump towards Mulgrew with an elbow / arm out, then when Brown returned the ball Ramirez clearly and deliberately fouled our man again with a blatant shove in the back with no attempt to play the ball whatsoever. No excuse for Butcher getting involved like that, but Ramirez could/should have been booked. 

Butcher is fuckin shite and Clark is a waste of a jersey. On another note, i was sitting right next to the Jerry Kerr stand and they horrible c***s were launching stuff into the ET lower right in front of the stewards. Not one of them was lifted🙄

5 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Courts made Butcher captain yesterday, which suggests he’s still got a role at the club. Very likely Courts would change that decision with hindsight, but Butcher’s a good back up in a couple of positions so I wouldn’t rush him out the door. 

The incident yesterday was daft. He forgot the golden rule of being a shitebag - always check where the ref is first. Madden was looking right at him! What I would say though is that Ramirez saw he was never winning the first header and seemed to jump towards Mulgrew with an elbow / arm out, then when Brown returned the ball Ramirez clearly and deliberately fouled our man again with a blatant shove in the back with no attempt to play the ball whatsoever. No excuse for Butcher getting involved like that, but Ramirez could/should have been booked. 

You want him booked for a push? All Edwards had to do was turn round and laugh at Ramirez and that would have been the end of it.