The Dundee United Thread 22/23

4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Butcher is working double time to get fit see. Showing a good attitude to the young lads.

I really like Butcher despite his propensity for the odd reckless challenge, but he will struggle to get back in the starting XI unless Fuchs continues to underperform.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I really like Butcher despite his propensity for the odd reckless challenge, but he will struggle to get back in the starting XI unless Fuchs continues to underperform.

I personally still think he's best as backup in central defence and a backup for Fuchs secondary as you say.

Then maybe deployed in midfield for games where we're planning to sit in or something. Like Ibrox or Celtic Park away (even though id rather we have a go in those situations).

42 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

What's everyone's thoughts on the new addition to the board? 

Very welcome. I don't think it's a criticism of Tony Asghar to say that the Sporting Director shouldn't be in charge of the day to day running of the business.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7079/LUIGI-CAPUANO-JOINS-IN-EXECUTIVE-TEAM-REVISION.html

Additions, incidentally. Andy Goldie and Joe Rice also stepping up to board level.

34 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Very welcome. I don't think it's a criticism of Tony Asghar to say that the Sporting Director shouldn't be in charge of the day to day running of the business.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7079/LUIGI-CAPUANO-JOINS-IN-EXECUTIVE-TEAM-REVISION.html

Additions, incidentally. Andy Goldie and Joe Rice also stepping up to board level.

I've disccused before with forum members here in a different place how it's not been ideal at the club since Mal left how many staff were doing far too many additional duties because of that.. Having someone take up the reigns in this capacity will be a positive step forward. 

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I personally still think he's best as backup in central defence and a backup for Fuchs secondary as you say.

Then maybe deployed in midfield for games where we're planning to sit in or something. Like Ibrox or Celtic Park away (even though id rather we have a go in those situations).

I reckon Kerr Smith will play central defence ahead of Butcher if required.

https://www.footyforumgh.com/2021/11/exclusive-mathew-anim-cudjoe-joins.html

Nothing on the official site, but it's been suggested elsewhere that Mathew Anim Cudjoe has signed for United following his 18th birthday.

He was part of the squad which won the African under-20 Cup of Nations in Feb/March this year, and from what I can see played a part on the pitch in all the matches. Tiny guy, a winger who favours his left foot, it's only a matter of time, if he has signed, before someone points out that he 'needs to bulk up'.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

https://www.footyforumgh.com/2021/11/exclusive-mathew-anim-cudjoe-joins.html

Nothing on the official site, but it's been suggested elsewhere that Mathew Anim Cudjoe has signed for United following his 18th birthday.

He was part of the squad which won the African under-20 Cup of Nations in Feb/March this year, and from what I can see played a part on the pitch in all the matches. Tiny guy, a winger who favours his left foot, it's only a matter of time, if he has signed, before someone points out that he 'needs to bulk up'.

I know nothing about this guy but looking at that photo he needs to bulk up.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I know nothing about this guy but looking at that photo he needs to bulk up.

Here's some information about him:

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

........... it's been suggested elsewhere that Mathew Anim Cudjoe has signed for United following his 18th birthday.

He was part of the squad which won the African under-20 Cup of Nations in Feb/March this year, and from what I can see played a part on the pitch in all the matches. Tiny guy, a winger who favours his left foot .............

🙄🙂

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Here's some information about him:

🙄🙂

Small players need to bulk up.  Look at the laddie Andy Robertson, let go by Celtic because he was too small.  Right decision IMO, wonder what become of him?

15 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Butcher starts. (for Glass) 

Mulgrew fit. 

Levitt still injured then.

Butcher playing again worries me a lot, Courts started him against Dundee and we only got a foothold on the game once he came off and Levitt's passing opened up the game for us.