The Tam Courts Galacticos Thread 21/22

Looking around the various boards, with Jamie Robson gone it appears we have a new target for the boo boys in Mark McNulty.
Aye, indeed. "Nicky Clark would have scored that". Maybe, but Nicky Clark would never have had the pace to get into that position in the first place.

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:
Looking around the various boards, with Jamie Robson gone it appears we have a new target for the boo boys in Mark McNulty.

Aye, indeed. "Nicky Clark would have scored that". Maybe, but Nicky Clark would never have had the pace to get into that position in the first place.

I think that’s pretty true and important.  McNulty done well against St Mirren other than missing when he should have scored.

I said earlier that I think we are still a striker short but if Courts keeps playing McNulty and he doesn’t start scoring he will come under pressure as would any striker.

On 04/09/2021 at 08:16, Granny Danger said:

Your figures don’t take account of season ticket holders and even at £26 I don’t think we would get 14,000 total fans.  Plus not all PATG fans will be adults.

That said your point still stands that we might get more revenue from lower prices.

They making it 18 for Hibs game, but only opening the lower stands.

17 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Didn't know that. Still though the important thing is he's at a decent club and will hopefully perform well for the national team. 

Aye. Either way we clearly didn't do much to try and keep him.

Absolute stick on choice for Scotland now.

Edited by ArabFC

The derby game is going to play a big part in the fans’ reaction to Courts.

One thing managers are guilty of is taking too long to make changes (personnel/formation/tactical) if things aren’t working.  I hope that’s not a criticism that we will be levelling at Thomas Tam after Sunday’s game.

A bit off topic, but anyway....

With United's game not until Sunday, thinking of taking in a game on Saturday. (New) Clydebank's first game in the Scottish Cup appeals which had me thinking back to previous meetings v United. I seem to recall playing them (old Clydebank) in a Scottish Cup match that was moved (after a postponement or two)  to Forthbank, Stirling but not sure if I've got that right? Am I imagining that match??

Edited by Steven W

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

A bit off topic, but anyway....

With United's game not until Sunday, thinking of taking in a game on Saturday. (New) Clydebank's first game in the Scottish Cup appeals which had me thinking back to previous meetings v United. I seem to recall playing them (old Clydebank) in a Scottish Cup match that was moved (after a postponement or two)  to Forthbank, Stirling but not sure if I've got that right? Am I imagining that match??

You are not imagining that match :)

https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=846

17 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Weirdly we (Dundee) played old Clydebank at Forthbank in a cup replay after a few Dees invaded the pitch at Kilbowie after our late equaliser. Probably about ‘96 or so.

Think that Dundee game was a bit earlier, maybe 93/94? I remember hearing about it from my Dundee supporting mates at Dundee West Boys Club. By ‘96 I had long since punted Sunday league football for White Lightning. 

8 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Think that Dundee game was a bit earlier, maybe 93/94? I remember hearing about it from my Dundee supporting mates at Dundee West Boys Club. By ‘96 I had long since punted Sunday league football for White Lightning. 

Kilbowie was a mad ground. A big office-like block behind one of the goals full of windows that were presumably plastic or reinforced glass. 

Edit: Here's a picture here. I miss old stadiums like that and Brockville. Dunno why the f**k I'm on here reminiscing, but here we are. 

15395212633_ee90c560eb_b.jpg

Edited by Dee Man