The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Is Belgium club football a bigger thing than Scottish club football?  Are Beerschot a “bigger” club than United?  Are wages/transfer fees bigger than in Scotland?

Considering shankland has went there I'd say yes 

And transfer fees in Scotland 😂 wtf are they 

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is Belgium club football a bigger thing than Scottish club football?  Are Beerschot a “bigger” club than United?  Are wages/transfer fees bigger than in Scotland?

I would say no to all questions. But maybe he just wants to try another country, and why not, good luck to him. Players who stay in same league when they move shows a lack of adventure IMO

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It's a better standard throughout would be my answer to the first query. There isn't such a disparity between sides over the span of the league, in terms of trophies won and attendances, thus it could be viewed as more competitive and interesting, also teams only play each other twice in a regular season, although there are play-offs. Beerschot get crowds similar to United, roughly half the teams in a league of 18 clubs are better supported in Belgium than United. 

Of course, as indicated above, some Belgian clubs are heavily in debt, just like many Scottish clubs, including United.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

According to 538 we are a slightly better team than Beerschot.

We've got a slightly bigger stadium and we appear to get slightly bigger crowds.

But I guess they get a slightly bigger TV deal etc, because there's not a chance in hell we could spend anywhere close to £1m on any player these days.

dfbgd.thumb.png.715c854a8630a94f11edb85f3b4dcb35.png

Edited by ArabFC

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

According to 538 we are a slightly better team than Beerschot.

We've got a bigger stadium and we appear to get bigger crowds.

But I guess they get a bigger TV deal etc.

dfbgd.thumb.png.715c854a8630a94f11edb85f3b4dcb35.png

What’s their record against Barcelona?

Anyway, in wishing the lad well let’s not forget:

26 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

McNulty & Iskanen done 

Assume Iskanen is subject to a work permit being granted?

im not sure how straight forward that will be, had a quick look at the criteria and the fact that Finland are not a top 50 ranked nation and that Iskanen was only playing in Bundesliga 3 and even then not particularly regularly may be an issue.  Really hope we’ve done our homework on this or it will be an almighty waste of time….

25 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

McNulty & Iskanen done 

Good. Bring me another decent wide forward and a decent centre mid and I’ll be fairly content.

Can even cash in on Benji , but holding on to Fuchs is critical.

Then we should be looking to move on a few. No names cos I’m nice 😏