The Dundee United Thread 22/23

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Except you only have to go back a few pages to see it was your fellow fans saying this most recently...

For a player with a year left, coming off the back of a poor season who's clearly not signing a new deal and can sign a pre contract in a few months, £1M is brilliant money.

We got £750K for Johnny Russell under similar circumstances who, imo, was a better all round player than Shankland.

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

For a player with a year left, coming off the back of a poor season who's clearly not signing a new deal and can sign a pre contract in a few months, £1M is brilliant money.

We got £750K for Johnny Russell under similar circumstances who, imo, was a better all round player than Shankland.

I'm not disagreeing it's a cracking fee to get for him, I was just pointing out to Granny that it wasn't just Dees doubting the idea of getting that sort of money for him. 

On a side note, I've seen it reported that the £1m includes add-ons so presumably he'll have some targets to hit before Utd get the full figure. Hopefully it's £100k up front with the other £900k only getting paid if he scores 40+ this season. 

58 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm not disagreeing it's a cracking fee to get for him, I was just pointing out to Granny that it wasn't just Dees doubting the idea of getting that sort of money for him. 

On a side note, I've seen it reported that the £1m includes add-ons so presumably he'll have some targets to hit before Utd get the full figure. Hopefully it's £100k up front with the other £900k only getting paid if he scores 40+ this season. 

Aye, probably would have been quoting his comment. Haven't seen anything about add ons, where did you see that reported?

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a sell on percentage and probably appearance fees. My guess would be a basic £1m with add ons upping beyond that to £1.25m.

If not, I'm going to burn Tannadice to the ground*

*I'm not going to burn Tannadice **

**Might just burn Dens down instead, that old main stand would go up no bother, its built out of kindling and dowels.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Aye, probably would have been quoting his comment. Haven't seen anything about add ons, where did you see that reported?

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a sell on percentage and probably appearance fees. My guess would be a basic £1m with add ons upping beyond that to £1.25m.

If not, I'm going to burn Tannadice to the ground*

*I'm not going to burn Tannadice **

**Might just burn Dens down instead, that old main stand would go up no bother, its built out of kindling and dowels.

No idea of the original source but I saw this screenshot:

IMG-20210810-WA0007.jpg

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Who is the last player Dundee sold for £1m?

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

28 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

They sold Jack Hendry to Septic so probably him 

28 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Jack Hendry, maybe...?

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I was asking a question.  What’s the answer?

Strictly speaking it wasn't £1m we got for Jack Hendry as it was actually £1.6m at the time, not to mention we've just received another 6 figure sum after Celtic sold him. 

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/dundee-net-cash-windfall-from-jack-hendrys-celtic-exit/amp/

Was there a reason for your question Granny?

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Strictly speaking it wasn't £1m we got for Jack Hendry as it was actually £1.6m at the time, not to mention we've just received another 6 figure sum after Celtic sold him. 

https://www.nottheoldfirm.

That's not a bad pub quiz question to be fair.

Dundee have sold 2 players for over a million. Jack Hendry and Rab Douglas.

Just the 9 players for United.

3 minutes ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

That's not a bad pub quiz question to be fair.

Dundee have sold 2 players for over a million. Jack Hendry and Rab Douglas.

Just the 9 players for United.

Are you one of those pub quizmasters who has to be told they're wrong by the teams when it becomes apparent they've fucked up the quiz?