The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Why don’t we sign Scandinavians any more?  It’s worked well for us before for the most part.

Silly question.  What's the capital of Scandinavia?

2 minutes ago, mev said:

Silly question.  What's the capital of Scandinavia?

Scandinavia is not a country, it’s a term used for a collection of countries in Northern Europe.  In that respect it is a silly question however I hope you have learnt something from the answer.  HTH.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

My sources are telling me a medical at Tynecastle for 5heid. 

Hearts fans have been at that for years tbf.

See, also, Hibs fans claiming Jamie McCart is having a medical there every week for the past 3 months.

3 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

I do not blame shankland at all, if I’m him, I’d be getting the f**k out of this shit show 

could have haaland upfront for us and wouldn’t make a difference 

relegation looms 👍🏼

Aye we can just play Pawlett up front with Clark in behind him.

I have a ticket for the Rangers game but was going to give it to my old boy as I can't make it.  Anyone know if there's any potential issues with somebody else using your ticket at present, like having to show ID or anything?  I didn't go to any league cup games.

57 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I have a ticket for the Rangers game but was going to give it to my old boy as I can't make it.  Anyone know if there's any potential issues with somebody else using your ticket at present, like having to show ID or anything?  I didn't go to any league cup games.

No. Just usual scan and in you go 

Latest news story: https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6938/LAURA-McCALLUM-DEPARTS-TANNADICE.html

The thing is, I couldn't give a flying f**k who the club's lawyer is!

More gibberish though... “This now gives us an opportunity for further evolution of the Club structure. Football is fast-moving industry and we have to continually adapt to environmental factors.  We will look to announce further infrastructure changes and new appointments soon.”

head make it stop GIF

Those are things that are happening in the background and we still need to facilitate their reintroduction into the team,” Courts said.

“When Mark Connolly comes back, when Declan Glass, Jeando Fuchs and Flo Hoti come back in, we don’t want to have recruited into positions we know we only need to wait a month or so before key players start returning.”

The above is from an injury report on tele website so despite being desperate for a central midfielder who can influence a game it looks like we won’t be signing anyone as “key players” Hoti and Glass would have their paths back into the team blocked (despite neither player ever being a first team regular). The shitshow continues. 

7 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Those are things that are happening in the background and we still need to facilitate their reintroduction into the team,” Courts said.

“When Mark Connolly comes back, when Declan Glass, Jeando Fuchs and Flo Hoti come back in, we don’t want to have recruited into positions we know we only need to wait a month or so before key players start returning.”

The above is from an injury report on tele website so despite being desperate for a central midfielder who can influence a game it looks like we won’t be signing anyone as “key players” Hoti and Glass would have their paths back into the team blocked (despite neither player ever being a first team regular). The shitshow continues. 

Two things that paragraph says to me.

1. We haven't got any cash to bring anyone in so blether about pathways being blocked for youngsters.

2. Hes not realised that Mark Connolly coming back will be blocking Neilson and Smith getting games.

Clark playing in the10 role has been blocking Mochrie, Glass and Chalmers.

Fuchs coming back to midfield blocks Hoti and his pathway too. 

So hes contradicting himself in the same paragraph.

The bigger problem is, most players blocking the youths are shite and need to be dumped. But his boss gave some of these players new contracts.

Oh dear. Was that part of the plan too?

Eta, what signings were imminent then? We have 34 centre halfs and 19 central midfielders. I sincerely hope its at least 1 winger and 1 striker.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

4 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Two things that paragraph says to me.

1. We haven't got any cash to bring anyone in so blether about pathways being blocked for youngsters.

2. Hes not realised that Mark Connolly coming back will be blocking Neilson and Smith getting games.

Clark playing in the10 role has been blocking Mochrie, Glass and Chalmers.

Fuchs coming back to midfield blocks Hoti and his pathway too. 

So hes contradicting himself in the same paragraph.

The bigger problem is, most players blocking the youths are shite and need to be dumped. But his boss gave some of these players new contracts.

Oh dear. Was that part of the plan too?

Eta, what signings were imminent then? We have 34 centre halfs and 19 central midfielders. I sincerely hope its at least 1 winger and 1 striker.

I think even Tam knows we need a winger above all else along with a replacement for Shanks. 

22 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I think even Tam knows we need a winger above all else along with a replacement for Shanks. 

I fucking hope so. The fact he thought we hemmed Aberdeen in makes me wonder if he knows how to tie his shoe laces tbh.