The Dundee United Thread 22/23

17 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah, of course. My main problem, aside from the complete lack of necessary experience,  is that he comes across as a bell-end.  Objectively, the early season results are fine. The performances haven't been great and the lack of recruitment is a concern, but the biggest concern for me is that I just don't think he's got anything about him to convince me that he could come good. He just seems like an overpromoted knob. 

If he spoke well and I thought he had a plan I'd be happy to give him a chance but it just seems so ... bleeeeeuuuurgh.  He's just vomiting up whatever random cliche pops into his head from moment to moment. 

I'd love to be wrong but I just can't see it.

He also clearly rehearses lines to spit out that he must think sound brilliant and will endear himself to the fans. I've twice seen him say in separate interviews, "I've seen the fans turn this place into a cauldron and suck the ball into the net".

Charlie Mulgrew will be your player/manager before the season's out IMO.

57 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He also clearly rehearses lines to spit out that he must think sound brilliant and will endear himself to the fans. I've twice seen him say in separate interviews, "I've seen the fans turn this place into a cauldron and suck the ball into the net".

Mulgrew and Reynolds will be assistants to Adam Asghar.

Adam will come out saying he didnt apply, didn't want the job and has no interest in it because his dads the boss but ach well, he's here now.

59 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I sort of hope so.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I promise to revisit this jaundiced view if we sign two cracking new players (Safranko level) in the next 24 hours. Starting .... now!

Championship level? 🤨

4 hours ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

Is there a slight chance that anyone is over reacting to the TC situation?

Absolutely. Going from our experience, I'd say it's a 2 year job (at least!)

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Championship level? 🤨

Absolutely. Going from our experience, I'd say it's a 2 year job (at least!)

f**k sake we'll be out of business by then. At least let us be rid of him by Christmas when we'll be 15 points adrift at the bottom and hurtling towards another 4 banter years. Id like to get to Tannadice to punish my son at least once!

Edited by mishtergrolsch

12 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Never thought I’d miss Robbie Neilson’s inaudible whispering, but here we are.

You guys need to cheer up and remember that as usual the referee and both assistants will be on your side in the Dundee derby or as Tam Courts might say, your exploratory research on derby referees points to integrated asset projections.  😉

8 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Won't need to worry about not getting service into Shankland much longer lads. 

On account of him going elsewhere. 

Right thread this time! 

Looks like Beerschot are pretty serious about their bids. 

My sources are telling me a medical at Tynecastle for 5heid. 

11 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Won't need to worry about not getting service into Shankland much longer lads. 

On account of him going elsewhere. 

Right thread this time! 

Looks like Beerschot are pretty serious about their bids. 

Right thread, same reply…the service stopped the day you’s let us sign McMullan 👍

Thanks again x

Maybe one day this will sink in…

Edited by Yenitit