The Dundee United Thread 22/23

55 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm a glutton for punishment. Has anybody heard anything back about Rangers tickets? Emailed on Thursday night but nothing yet.

Did you email about your ‘bubble’ or just a general enquiry?

Although I'm a Dee I don't hate United.  The current shambles at Tannadice reminds me of the Angus Cook regime at Dens when both he and his friend Jim Smith talked Dundee up to the point where what they were saying bore no resemblance to reality.  That United seem to be going down the same road must be very worrying for you guys.

Just now, mev said:

Although I'm a Dee I don't hate United.  The current shambles at Tannadice reminds me of the Angus Cook regime at Dens when both he and his friend Jim Smith talked Dundee up to the point where what they were saying bore no resemblance to reality.  That United seem to be going down the same road must be very worrying for you guys.

Why would it be worrying, everything is clearly fine...

Saying f**k all until the transfer window shuts. 

Courts is hardly going to come out and slate the team is he? He'll know what we all watched was quite frankly, utter pish, but he also knows we're lacking any kind of midfield creativity, so can hardly be surprised about yesterday. Mochrie looked good when he came on, Fuchs looked good again. Shanks did f**k all and get Harkes tae f**k.

15 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Fortunately I was far far too hungover to look at a screen for any length of time today so didn't see the game. 

Worrying comments though, I'm not going to write the boy off already but clearly big improvements need to come and fucking soon. The line up looked absolutely shite.

I'll get the courage to watch the "highlights" soon..

Pleasing

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

10 minutes more and we had them, I reckon

Absolutely.  You outplayed the Dons from start to finish and were the better team by a country mile.  Tam Courts is a genius.  😵

17 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Fortunately I was far far too hungover to look at a screen for any length of time today so didn't see the game. 

Worrying comments though, I'm not going to write the boy off already but clearly big improvements need to come and fucking soon. The line up looked absolutely shite.

I'll get the courage to watch the "highlights" soon..

United are in real trouble this season.

Saying f**k all until the transfer window shuts. 
Courts is hardly going to come out and slate the team is he? He'll know what we all watched was quite frankly, utter pish, but he also knows we're lacking any kind of midfield creativity, so can hardly be surprised about yesterday. Mochrie looked good when he came on, Fuchs looked good again. Shanks did f**k all and get Harkes tae f**k.
This is a fair point. For all the manager's evident failings, the current squad is woefully inadequate. Micky Mellon is looking a better manager by the day.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm sure Greg Stewart will be the answer to all our problems. 

As much as I'd be fucking raging if that happened, he probably would tbh. Exactly the type of player to solve your creative woes. If I was Asghar, I'd throw a barrowload of Ogren's money at Stewart. It'd also be the perfect way to distract everyone from the mess he's made of you lot for a short while.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

As much as I'd be fucking raging if that happened, he probably would tbh. Exactly the type of player to solve your creative woes. If I was Asghar, I'd throw a barrowload of Ogren's money at Stewart. It'd also be the perfect way to distract everyone from the mess he's made of you lot for a short while.

Dundee fans still wildly overrating Stewart.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Not really. He's a good player. He's not nearly good enough to solve United's problems.

Creatively? Aye, he is. United have a solid team with an internationalist striker who will thrive on a bit of half decent service.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

😂

There's a reason he looked great at Dundee and then a few months at Killie.

Yeah, because we allowed him to be creative rather than trying to shoehorn him rigidly into a position.