The Dundee United Thread 22/23

As much as it was only one game, and a tough one at that, today's performance was atrocious. There was nothing there.

I only hope that the manager talks differently in private to how he talks in public. I get that there is an element of spin there, but the comments in the post match interview were borderline delusional.

11 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
1 hour ago, Loemba90 said:
These post match interviews from Courts - DUTV, BBC and Sky - are the scariest thing about the whole day.

He thinks there were lots of positives, we were the better team in the first half and had them ‘hemmed in’ for the last half hour!!!!

WTAF???

Dleuded or just lying through his teeth?

I thought his comments were delusional at best. The last 15 of the first half aside, Aberdeen battered Utd and had it been more than 2 I don't think Utd could've complained.

A good team would have gone to town on us today. I don't think that was ever on the cards with Aberdeen.

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Reactionary nonsense.  Everything points to us being bottom six but you do still have to take into account the fact that we were playing away with 6500 fans cheering them on.  Fuchs looks like the kind of player that takes a few games to get his sharpness back and Shankland is the same.  

I don’t think there is much future for Courts but still think we should be ok in the medium term.

😂

Reactionary? Yeah, I thought we were doing great up until this one game 🤪

What could possibly be giving you any confidence with the current setup?

It's a shitshow from start to finish.

Just now, ArabFC said:

😂

Reactionary? Yeah, I thought we were doing great up until this one game 🤪

What could possibly be giving you any confidence with the current setup?

It's a shitshow from start to finish.

I’m not getting much confidence but saying you will not go back to Tannadice until Ashgar is gone is surely the dictionary definition of an over reaction?

31 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I’m not getting much confidence but saying you will not go back to Tannadice until Ashgar is gone is surely the dictionary definition of an over reaction?

I mean if you think I've just decided that today, fair enough, that would be reactionary.

But fcuking hell, we've been playing murderball for years now. Today, I paid for the game, but honestly I just kinda had it on in the background.

I can't remember the exact game now, though it was a few years ago. Something like losing 2-1 at home to St Mirren, where after 5 mins of the second half I just stood up walked out of Tannadice. Not because we were losing, but because the fitba was just downright depressing.

I've been back since obviously, many times, but its hard to watch.

And now? Our club is owned by a fool who thinks he can make money from it, run by an ex-copper who has somehow wangled his kid into the management team and a manager who'd make David Brent cringe.

Enough is enough.

I'll continue to catch games online where I can and moan on here, but in the medium term I see nothing to look forward to.

Edited by ArabFC

16 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You can always ditch the Day-Glo and join us over the road boys, we are a lot more stylish and you will also be granted acceptance in society.

Oooft easy Johnny, we have to have a vetting process - its very charitable of you to offer but we can't just be letting any old dayglo dross in, we do have standards.

Thank you

27 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You can always ditch the Day-Glo and join us over the road boys, we are a lot more stylish and you will also be granted acceptance in society.

Woh, woh, woh. Like f**k they are!

Tam Courts shags spreadsheets, pass it on 😂

Fortunately I was far far too hungover to look at a screen for any length of time today so didn't see the game. 

Worrying comments though, I'm not going to write the boy off already but clearly big improvements need to come and fucking soon. The line up looked absolutely shite.

I'll get the courage to watch the "highlights" soon..

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

Imagine sitting in the dressing room, first game infront of a crowd at an away game who have guys like Brown, Ferguson and Hayes in the team and that absolute fandango walks in hammering on about turn overs and all that guff...is he

Inspiring? Nope

Leader? Nope

Tactically astute? Nope

Blagger? Yip

Absolute clown? Yip

Its all bullshit bingo at Tannadice and between him and Asghar its frightening, throwing as many buzz words and middle management terms in to sound like you have a solid grasp of things when really, you have no idea what you're doing.

Even though the football was utterly horrible, I thought Mellon did a great job last season but now I think he did an absolutely stellar job with what he had and who he had to work for.

I'll also be picking and chosing the games I go to and I've not been this way in the 30 odd years I've had a season ticket.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Even though the football was utterly horrible, I thought Mellon did a great job last season but now I think he did an absolutely stellar job with what he had and who he had to work for.

With the absolute paucity of creative talent we have, you can see why Mellon set up the way he did. The only real mistake he made was repeatedly trying to mitigate that by shoehorning Clark, shankland and mcnulty into the same team.

He comfortably kept us up which was the aim. The same team could comfortably be relegated by Easter if yesterday is going to be the bar for performances. I don't believe that Aberdeen team has hugely improved on last season but we didn't offer any threat at all.