The Tam Courts Galacticos Thread 21/22

8 minutes ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

To be clear, there hasn't been a tabloid rumour regarding a signing in probably a month.

The Friday before the Sunday. What you saying?

Who is your starting 11 at Pittodrie?

2 hours

Siegrist 

Butcher  Edwards  Mulgrew

Freeman     Fuchs     Mochrie     Robson

Chalmers                 

Shankland        Clark

As I said on the match thread.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:
  2 hours

Siegrist 

Chalmers                 

Shankland        Clark

Probably agree, in the absence of Appere and Sporle. 

Our best hope on Sunday might be Kevin Clancy, on a similar note he may be our worst nightmare. Probably the latter. 

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:
  2 hours

Siegrist 

Chalmers                 

Shankland        Clark

I quite like that team, assuming it has to be a back three. Quite excited by what Freeman, Mochrie and Chalmers bring to the team.

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

Scott Burns reporting a £200000 offer for Jamie Robson from Lincoln City and saying he won't be involved now against Aberdeen.

f**k me. I'd be driving him to Lincoln.

Just now, Tannadeechee said:

Scott Burns reporting a £200000 offer for Jamie Robson from Lincoln City and saying he won't be involved now against Aberdeen.

You might want to stick a comma in there for those old guys whose eyesight is failing. No me, like.

Jamie's not as bad as some would have you believe but, still, I'd be tempted to let him go and move on. I doubt he'll ever be better than decent.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

You might want to stick a comma in there for those old guys whose eyesight is failing. No me, like.

Jamie's not as bad as some would have you believe but, still, I'd be tempted to let him go and move on. I doubt he'll ever be better than decent.

😂

Certainly improved over the last couple of seasons. You could see he had knuckled down, but if it then allows us to bring in some creativity in the middle of the park or a winger that can cross consistently then definitely worth it.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

It would be a good move for all concerned: money for a player who a large percentage of the support don't rate, and a fresh start for the player himself.

My view is that Robson has had a variety of poor team mates around him while being selected by around 10 different managers, and he's a far better player than many can see. Remembering the slating left backs Danny Grainger and Barry Douglas used to get from our support, and noting the decent careers they had when the left, a parting of the ways is probably for the best.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

He's utterly standard.

Hopefully means we can push some other signing over the line 

He's done United well over the years. I quite like him as a player, a bit like Keith Watson - very meh, bottom six Premiership player.

With Duffy coming through, Sporle and Freeman available as well as United playing a 3-5-2., more than happy for United to sell him for £200k + a sell-on if it means we can sign 2 or 3 players.

19 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

He's done United well over the years. I quite like him as a player, a bit like Keith Watson - very meh, bottom six Premiership player.

With Duffy coming through, Sporle and Freeman available as well as United playing a 3-5-2., more than happy for United to sell him for £200k + a sell-on if it means we can sign 2 or 3 players.

Watson was MILES better than Robson. Scored goals, could cross a ball and loved a good sliding tackle. Solid as f**k. I demand you retract that statement. We haven't had a better right back since he was wrongly punted by McNaFortune and I can't remember a dramatically better RB before him in a long time. Dillon was decent for a time and Kovacevic was solid defensively but got a nose bleed when he crossed the half way line. Did blooter Laffetty though which means he's up there. Really, its Mark Wilson MK1 who youd have to go back to unless I've (most likely) totally forgotten someone.

Robson is bang average. If he could cross then he'd be very useful but he can't, so he isn't. My only issue with him going is we don't have a natural LB to replace him, Sporle isn't a left back and imo inferior to Robson defensively. Saying that, £200,000 for him is a very good deal and could be used to strengthen the team dramatically.

Overall id be happy if we sold but mildly concerned about the replacement. 

Edited by mishtergrolsch

Robson has done us a decent turn. Thought he toiled a little with the step up to Premier League last season, but on the whole been decent for us. £200k is good money. Money I imagine will be used to chip away at our debts 

Surprising that Shankland and Siegrist remain on our books, and that Robson should be the first player we sell this summer (should a deal go through)