Jump to content

The Tam Courts Galacticos Thread 21/22


Recommended Posts

Sooo...a last minute St Mirren goal means we are unlikely to be seeded for the league cup next round, unless Hearts somehow fail to beat Inverness by two goals. Quite unfortunate to lose out to two teams who had 3-0 wins awarded to them due to Covid, but c'est la vie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d be very disappointed to see Sporle go.    Played in a more forward role or as a wing back he can do a job for us.

I agree. To me, he looks one of the most technically gifted players we have. I know that doesn't always transfer to the pitch, but he is unpredictable which makes it difficult to defend against and always looks to be positive on the pitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Sooo...a last minute St Mirren goal means we are unlikely to be seeded for the league cup next round, unless Hearts somehow fail to beat Inverness by two goals. An absolute nonsense to lose out to two teams who had 3-0 wins awarded to them due to Covid.

FTFY.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I agree. To me, he looks one of the most technically gifted players we have. I know that doesn't always transfer to the pitch, but he is unpredictable which makes it difficult to defend against and always looks to be positive on the pitch.

Unpredictable... because he doesn't know what he's doing half the time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Perhaps the club shop would accept telephone sales, allowing those a distance from Dundee to make purchases. The only thing is, the club shop online is still offering last year's gear, at reduced prices. But it might be worth a call.

Aye true. Might give that a bash.

Won't hurt anyway to ask

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Unpredictable... because he doesn't know what he's doing half the time?

With the exception of Benji there were few good performers last season, largely due to Mellon’s tactics.

Sporle was one of the players who usually did well when he was given the opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Unpredictable... because he doesn't know what he's doing half the time?

I get the impression he knows exactly what he's doing, but being educated in football in another culture seems to make him more adventurous than what we are used to. He's certainly not shite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I get the impression he knows exactly what he's doing, but being educated in football in another culture seems to make him more adventurous than what we are used to. He's certainly not shite.

Hes not shite but he's not particularly amazing either. Just...well...unpredictable. Its an attribute in itself but he would easily be replaced by a winger who could hit the byline and cross occasionally. Hes no Jim Patterson. 

I think the fact we are so utterly lacking out wide he gets regular pass marks for being more competent than Robson basically. 

That might sound harsh but if we keep signing guys of the standard of Sporle, Robson, Smith and Connolly well be a comfortable bottom 6 club for the foreseeable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d be very disappointed to see Sporle go.    Played in a more forward role or as a wing back he can do a job for us.

As I said previously, if replaced by a bang average winger we'd forget all about Sporle as we've forgotten about players like Neil Heaney and David Worrell.

Nothing against the guy, just think he's very replaceable like at least 6 out of our regular starting 11.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I don't think we can sonsider ourselves that unlucky to be unseeded given a 2 goal win against any of Arbroath, East Fife or Kelty would have done the business 

Or if any of the said clubs had called off due to Covid…

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

As I said previously, if replaced by a bang average winger we'd forget all about Sporle as we've forgotten about players like Neil Heaney and David Worrell.

Nothing against the guy, just think he's very replaceable like at least 6 out of our regular starting 11.

I am not overestimating his abilities, but I think he’s better than what some folk are claiming though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or if any of the said clubs had called off due to Covid…
 
 
You could maybe counter that by saying that because our last game was last Tuesday, other teams knew what they had to do to finish with a better record than us.

Had we known before the East Fife game that a 2-0 win would guarantee a seeding it might have changed things. Maybe.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All that nervousness was totally unneccesary. Of course a big club like United was going to be seeded.
We're clearly going to get Hearts or Motherwell now though
Indeed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where will we finish? 5th.

Who will be our POTY? Shankland - until he leaves

Who will be the young POTY? Chalmers

Who will dissappear never to be seen again? Connolly

The biggest disappointment? When Shankland leaves in January for £750k to a Forest or QPR type

Biggest surprise? Tam Courts is actually a very good coach.

Edited by ArabAuslander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

All that nervousness was totally unneccesary. Of course a big club like United was going to be seeded.

We're clearly going to get Hearts or Motherwell now though

 

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Ayr away, not too bad

Nostradamus you ain’t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...