The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Whatever we done in the first half was absolutely fine. I think TC seem that the team could handle whatever the smokies threw at them and decided to fanny about a bit in the second half. 

Pretty gutted for Meekison getting an injury like that. Not a good challenge on him at all and the Arbroath boy needs to have a word with himself. 

28 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Whatever we done in the first half was absolutely fine. I think TC seem that the team could handle whatever the smokies threw at them and decided to fanny about a bit in the second half. 

Pretty gutted for Meekison getting an injury like that. Not a good challenge on him at all and the Arbroath boy needs to have a word with himself. 

There were a few challenges like that from Arbroath. Probably a good reality check for the players after Wednesday - most teams will kick you up in the air if you try to play pretty passes around them.

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

There were a few challenges like that from Arbroath. Probably a good reality check for the players after Wednesday - most teams will kick you up in the air if you try to play pretty passes around them.

Aye they weren't happy with the fact United passed so easily around them in the first half. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

539CA646-5457-4A0D-A82A-9BCD98C90232.thumb.jpeg.3a07a218d673dcbf01db3206c7a31987.jpeg

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Aye they weren't happy with the fact United passed so easily around them in the first half. 

Not gonna lie didn’t really see this happening, we were just sitting in too much. The commentators says you could’ve been 3/4 goals up too not sure what he was watching. Chalmers had a great effort from 25 yards out, Edwards had a chance from a header but other than the goal which was a bit mental tbh there wasn’t much in the game. Bobby Linn had the best chance first half and made a total mess of it. Second half we controlled. 

Anyway my point, any chance of Mochrie going out on loan? I think he’d be perfect for us. Or is he gonna play in the 1st team?

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not gonna lie didn’t really see this happening, we were just sitting in too much. The commentators says you could’ve been 3/4 goals up too not sure what he was watching. Chalmers had a great effort from 25 yards out, Edwards had a chance from a header but other than the goal which was a bit mental tbh there wasn’t much in the game. Bobby Linn had the best chance first half and made a total mess of it. Second half we controlled. 

Anyway my point, any chance of Mochrie going out on loan? I think he’d be perfect for us. Or is he gonna play in the 1st team?

United were pushing and pulling Arbroath around a fair bit. Maybe passing round them wasn't accurate but I wouldn't say Arbroath sat in cause they had to do a fair amount of pressing to keep United at bay. 

5 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

United were pushing and pulling Arbroath around a fair bit. Maybe passing round them wasn't accurate but I wouldn't say Arbroath sat in cause they had to do a fair amount of pressing to keep United at bay. 

Yeah United definitely lively first half and Mochrie and Chalmers looked good. Would love to see Mochrie at Gayf. He’d get the number 10 role too would be a good move for him. Hope D.C. is making enquiries.

Where is Declan Glass?

Edited by 1320Lichtie

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah United definitely lively first half and Mochrie and Chalmers looked good. Would love to see Mochrie at Gayf. He’d get the number 10 role too would be a good move for him. Hope D.C. is making enquiries.

Where is Declan Glass?

Still recovering from knee injury afaik dude. 

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Did I imagine United saying that we'd purposely asked to play our four LC matches first, in order to free up the 24th July for a friendly at Tannadice? 

If I didn't imagine it, then I guess it's going to fall by the wayside?

Yeah there was something mentioned about a friendly definitely. Would need to check with the club to see what the script is.