The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Happy enough with that. Best defender at the club. Looked really ropey the first few games he was here but since then he's been very consistent and chipped in with the odd goal too.

It looks like will be between him, Mulgrew, Reynolds for the starting slots with Smith and Neilson being in the mix for the odd appearance and for cover the back.

36 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

It looks like will be between him, Mulgrew, Reynolds for the starting slots with Smith and Neilson being in the mix for the odd appearance and for cover the back.

Butcher has played both games as CB so there's him too.

34 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Butcher has played both games as CB so there's him too.

I still think Butcher is best at CH and would have him, Edwards and Mulgrew as my favoured 3. But as we've just signed Mulgrew and have about 13 other centre halfs I see him playing more in midfield.

However id rather we had Fuchs and  a playmaker in midfield instead of Fuchs and Butcher as its far too defensive. 

5 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Phoned yesterday, as I’ve ordered season ticket and heard absolutely nothing, still 3000 to do apparently 

also everyone who has bought a season ticket is in the draw and if you have been selected for these two games your out for the other games!

if anyone got a ticket for these games, have you had your season ticket through the door?? 

I got a ticket for Elgin game last night and asked about the ballot for the Rangers game.

I was told by email

It’s doesn’t exclude you from the ballot for the Rangers game.

Kind regards

1 hour ago, kdyteejay said:

I got a ticket for Elgin game last night and asked about the ballot for the Rangers game.

I was told by email

It’s doesn’t exclude you from the ballot for the Rangers game.

Kind regards

Weird ane not what woman said!

See what happens, if people have got two tickets and some end up with zero ww3 will start 🤣

9 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I may have missed something, but did season ticket holders have to apply for the ballot for tickets for matches, or are holders automatically included in each draw?

Season ticket holders who renewed during the loyalty period were automatically entered into the ballots.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Season ticket holders who renewed during the loyalty period were automatically entered into the ballots.

Thanks.

Doubt that was announced when the season tickets initially went on sale. In any case I renewed one early and one later, to spread the cost, so that probably shafts plans to go to a match together.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Thanks.

Doubt that was announced when the season tickets initially went on sale. In any case I renewed one early and one later, to spread the cost, so that probably shafts plans to go to a match together.

It was announced at the time.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6794/202122-SEASON-TICKETS-LOYALTY-PERIOD-OPENS.html

Screenshot_2021-07-16-09-51-59-477_com.android.chrome.jpg

54 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Thanks. In other news, I'm still waiting for both tickets to arrive.

I heard there had been a physical issue with the card printing. Not sure of details but heard that they had to wait on fixes to the devices which caused a back log. A big batch of them had arrived roughly a fortnight ago. Ours arrived then, and were ordered 21st April.

Fingers crossed you get them through soon.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Thanks. In other news, I'm still waiting for both tickets to arrive.

Just seen this on Twitter from United. Still working through but should all be out within next 2 weeks

https://twitter.com/dundeeunitedfc/status/1415966953223696387?s=19

Edited by Tannadeechee

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

All fans are loyal but some are more loyal than others.

Continuing with the Orwellian theme, pity we couldn’t return to 1984 and keep a closer eye on the ref in the Roma game.

16 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I still think Butcher is best at CH and would have him, Edwards and Mulgrew as my favoured 3. But as we've just signed Mulgrew and have about 13 other centre halfs I see him playing more in midfield.

However id rather we had Fuchs and  a playmaker in midfield instead of Fuchs and Butcher as its far too defensive. 

He's played both games at CB. Why play him there if that's not the plan?

Not as if (as you say) we're short of CBs - two on the bench v Kelty. Butcher was one of three on the bench v Elgin and he came on to play at the back.

Looks to me like we'll be playing 352 this season - we have no real wide players, loads of CB's and decent options at wing back.

What we really need is not so much a playmaker (though it'd be nice) - just a decent midfielder - someone who can recycle the ball.

Edited by ArabFC

9 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Not as if (as you say) we're short of CBs - two on the bench v Kelty. Butcher was one of three on the bench v Elgin and he came on to play at the back.

Looks to me like we'll be playing 352 this season - we have no real wide players, loads of CB's and decent options at wing back.

What we really need is not so much a playmaker (though it'd be nice) - just a decent midfielder - someone who can recycle the ball.

Aye. Nothing against Fuchs but clear from Elgin game the killer pass isn't his strong suit 

21 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Don't get me wrong, if we play Butcher at CH I'll be delighted, especially if it means we bring in a ball playing midfielder or even an elusive playmaker. I have no idea what Courts is thinking but if he continues to play Butcher, Edwards and Mulgrew at the back with the two young guys as cover and hopefully, if Tam can turn Connolly into a semi decent centre half after injury, ill be over the moon.

We can then send Reynolds off to pasture.