The Dundee United Thread 22/23

31 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

A fully fit Trevor Carson is one of the best keepers in the league IMO.

I haven't seen anything anywhere but I assume Siegrist is away? It doesn't make much sense for Carson to go from our bench to yours. Most 'Well fans thought he'd be away to Hartlepool.

I was just coming here to say that. A great goalie and a real shame with his last few years.

In another part of the multiverse Celtic didn't try and buy him for a fiver and actually offered something decent, He was there number 1 and had a great injury free career with the Argos catalogue out every payday.

17 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Hope your not an accountant!

Mulgrew 35 years old

Carson 33 years old.

35 + 33 = 68, where's the extra 29 from.

Besides we have youth already at the club. No one ever said the entire squad would be filled with 16-21 year olds exclusively. The youth will be used and trusted as we have players who are  ready but we will be using experienced players where available that do not "block their gateway" to the team alongside them. Although you'll know that and just be looking to point score.

Peter Pawlett multi year extension.... probably

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

United after hiring Courts - "our plan is to develop youth and give them a chance, that's why we chose Tam"

Combined age of Uniteds first two signings under Courts - 97

Apart from your terrible arithmetic, the one position I’d pick experience over youth every time is in goal.

Seigrist will be away and this appears to be a decent signing.

Carson is great - really hope he has a good run at Utd as he deserves a break more than most. 

I said it in our thread but I'm a bit surprised that Utd have taken a gamble (because with his injury luck, that's what it is) on a player that we weren't willing to (despite the huge affection he's held in around Fir Park). 

If it works out - you've got an international keeper at (I would guess) a bit of a knock down rate. 

I mean, I thought it was quite obvious I was exaggerating with their ages tbh. 

A truly awful set of posters who take this site far too seriously.

The desire among several United fans to be the first to catastrophise over fkn anything at all on social media is pretty embarrasing for them.

Think I read once that the team for the new season would just be young laddies . Only for us to sign Mulgrew and then Carson.

I also read once that Newman was going to be no.1 keeper!

Think it was #NeilsonOut, followed by #MellonOut, followed quickly by #AshgarOut. I think a small percentage of Utd fans should stay away from social media - and maybe get another hobby

2 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Siegrist 

Mulgrew Reynolds Butcher 

L Smith Harkes Fuchs Duffy 

Pawlett 

Clark Shankland 

If we’re going to give youth a chance this might not be the best starting line up.

I’d have someone else in for Pawlett and Harkes.

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, I thought it was quite obvious I was exaggerating with their ages tbh. 

A truly awful set of posters who take this site far too seriously.

You've posted over 50k times! You basically live here.

4 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Siegrist 

Mulgrew Reynolds Butcher 

L Smith Harkes Fuchs Duffy 

Pawlett 

Clark Shankland 

Courts clearly putting out strongest lineup possible, doesn’t want to get hammered for losing his first game. The youngsters can wait. 

21 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Courts clearly putting out strongest lineup possible, doesn’t want to get hammered for losing his first game. The youngsters can wait. 

Yeah to the game after that, or maybe the one after that or maybe….

We’re up against four teams in this group that we should be beating easily, if we get beaten by any of them he will get criticised.