The Dundee United Thread 22/23

12 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

As I said the other day it's time we start looking for another keeper. Didn't realise it would probably be 2.

Give Kelly both their wages as I think Siegrist is definitely away. 

We’ve got Newman at the club. He’s only 19 but he seemed quite highly rated when he arrived. He might be good enough to be no.2 especially if we are looking to save some cash. Although going out on loan and playing might be better for his development. 

45 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

We’ve got Newman at the club. He’s only 19 but he seemed quite highly rated when he arrived. He might be good enough to be no.2 especially if we are looking to save some cash. Although going out on loan and playing might be better for his development. 

Stick him in as your No1 - save money and help his development.  That's how your doing things down your way nowadays, isn't it?

29 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Not yet. On the cards afaik though. Have St Mirren increased their contract offer? 

I hope we haven’t, the boy has been messing us around for months now.  I hope United make the most of his undoubted talent and I hope the boy finds himself a new agent. 

47 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Nah Nadir is free to leave his current club according to the Daily Rag

Bring him home.

I'd genuinely forgive Asghar for being a sneaky h*n c*nt, ex agent and peddler of pish* if he made it happen.

*nah, I wouldnt.

What part do you see Declan Glass playing this season at Dundee United? Think he'll be a regular starter, cameo appearances from the bench or frozen out the squad. Last season he was due to be at Partick on loan but suffered an injury. Would love to see him get a loan spell back with Cove. Clearly he has lots of talent and might we'll go to a championship side ahead of us if he's even loaned out at all.

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

What part do you see Declan Glass playing this season at Dundee United? Think he'll be a regular starter, cameo appearances from the bench or frozen out the squad. Last season he was due to be at Partick on loan but suffered an injury. Would love to see him get a loan spell back with Cove. Clearly he has lots of talent and might we'll go to a championship side ahead of us if he's even loaned out at all.

Hopefully he'll get a good few appearances off the bench early on to get him used to playing top level football and become a regular starter as the season progresses.

If hes just going to be on the bench as a filler body then I think he'd be better away on loan.

As it stands, no idea.

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Hopefully he'll get a good few appearances off the bench early on to get him used to playing top level football and become a regular starter as the season progresses.

If hes just going to be on the bench as a filler body then I think he'd be better away on loan.

As it stands, no idea.

For us when I think he was 19, in L2 at the time, he was outstanding. Clearly L2 is night and day difference to the SPL. However, the ability to go by his man along with having the killer pass and ability to score all kinds of goals made him a real stand out and fan favourite.

He's more than capable of lighting up L1 and the championship I'm sure. Hopefully he'll get enough minutes under his belt with you and press on and become a regular. All Cove fans follow his progress it seems.

Seen a bit of Mochrie and Ross Graham in L1, both good talents as well it has to be said.