The Dundee United Thread 22/23

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t think we’ll get any/much more but it’s the usual that the amount a player goes for is as much to do with where he’s coming from than comparison with players of equal ability.

I agree with this part broadly.

Think some Utd fans see the drastic improvement hes made over the last year rather than the standard of keeper he has become. Which is a solid Premiership keeper.

All imo of course.

Dont get me wrong- I'd rather he goes for £2,000,000. But he won't.

17 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Do Utd supporters think Kieron Freeman will get a chance in the first team this season

No idea. Possibly.

I can't remember thinking "wow, there's a player" when I did see him play but after a season on loan he may come back and do well.

But if we are going down the youth route (other than Mulgrew as it stands) I dont think he'll be the only one we give more game time to.

37 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

No idea. Possibly.

I can't remember thinking "wow, there's a player" when I did see him play but after a season on loan he may come back and do well.

But if we are going down the youth route (other than Mulgrew as it stands) I dont think he'll be the only one we give more game time to.

Would be more than happy to have him back but he did really well most of his time with us & sure Jim will have given him a good report card and would hope if he gets his chance he makes the most of it.

One goal and zero assists in 26 games last season.
And the goal was a flukey deflection. Decent enough player right enough if used properly which I don't think we did. Has an eye for a pass and a tube for an agent imo. Which is clear to see with his career path and deals he's signed.

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

One goal and zero assists in 26 games last season.

Only a moron judges every CM on goals and assists.

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean that's true enough but JDH came to us last season proclaiming to be the Irish Xavi. So judging him on zero assists is pretty fair.

Don't get me started on why using assists isn't a fair metric to show how creative a player is...

TBF looked it up, and he wasn't even creative for Cheltenham, so no idea why hes got that in his head.

He actually seems to perform pretty similar to Calum Butcher, except hes less aggressive defensively, and more comfortable on the ball.

Edited by RandomGuy.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't get me started on why using assists isn't a fair metric to show how creative a player is...

TBF looked it up, and he wasn't even creative for Cheltenham, so no idea why hes got that in his head.

He actually seems to perform pretty similar to Calum Butcher, except hes less aggressive defensively, and more comfortable on the ball.

There are those who tell you that the real metric is the secondary assist, but that's another matter altogether...

3 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

There are those who tell you that the real metric is the secondary assist, but that's another matter altogether...

I try not go get bogged down with those, tbh, despite it being fairly popular.

Just now, to me, a lot of "statistics" are a wee bit bollocks as everyone is trying to create something new, so you're swamped with things folk have just made up to try and make everything mean something. I'm maybe wrong with that, though tbh.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I try not go get bogged down with those, tbh, despite it being fairly popular.

Just now, to me, a lot of "statistics" are a wee bit bollocks as everyone is trying to create something new, so you're swamped with things folk have just made up to try and make everything mean something. I'm maybe wrong with that, though tbh.

No you're not, I've been telling you this since you first started posting the shite.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do you think Mehmet will be your first choice next season?

You would assume another keeper would be on  the signing list in the event Seigrist goes which he probably will.

Liam Kelly was mentioned fairly recently as being wanted by United and Motherwell on loan I would assume that is still a possibility.

But not heard anything about that possible transfer for a wee while now paper talk or otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Says the moron who can’t stop posting on threads of teams that he/she/they don’t even support.

Wild that, from the huge amount of things you could call me a moron over, that's the one you chose.