Jump to content
Twinkle

The Tam Courts Galacticos Thread 21/22

Recommended Posts

I want to see if I have this right - a former policeman turned failed agent has decided along with his petrol forecourt pal that the way to stem gigantic losses year on year is getting rid of an able manager and replacing him with somebody from the tuck shop so he will play all the St John's S5 team and then they could all be sold for millions?

Terrific. Can't say you weren't warned. It was clearly going to go bad I just never thought this bad. This quickly. 

How much is Ogren worth again, @Twinkle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changing the mood a little , re Ogren getting his money back. Over a few years (2011- 2015, I think ) we sold

Russell £750k
Goodwillie £2million
Armstrong can’t remember
Mackay-Stevens can’t remember
Chifci £1 m?
Gauld £2 million ?
Robertson £ 2 million ?

The later with ad ons

Can’t be arsed looking up the exact figures but you get my point. It can be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Changing the mood a little , re Ogren getting his money back. Over a few years (2011- 2015, I think ) we sold

Russell £750k
Goodwillie £2million
Armstrong can’t remember
Mackay-Stevens can’t remember
Chifci £1 m?
Gauld £2 million ?
Robertson £ 2 million ?

The later with ad ons

Can’t be arsed looking up the exact figures but you get my point. It can be done.

Clutching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Changing the mood a little , re Ogren getting his money back. Over a few years (2011- 2015, I think ) we sold

Russell £750k
Goodwillie £2million
Armstrong can’t remember
Mackay-Stevens can’t remember
Chifci £1 m?
Gauld £2 million ?
Robertson £ 2 million ?

The later with ad ons

Can’t be arsed looking up the exact figures but you get my point. It can be done.

Well that's good then. Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For f**k sake. Stayed off Pie and Bovril for a bit and next thing we’ve lost £6 million in two years, appointed some c**t’s mate Tam as manager and Peter Pawlett is still on set pieces. I blame Granny Danger.

Edited by Gibby82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I want to see if I have this right - a former policeman turned failed agent has decided along with his petrol forecourt pal that the way to stem gigantic losses year on year is getting rid of an able manager and replacing him with somebody from the tuck shop so he will play all the St John's S5 team and then they could all be sold for millions?

Terrific. Can't say you weren't warned. It was clearly going to go bad I just never thought this bad. This quickly. 

How much is Ogren worth again, @Twinkle

Our temporary financial lunacy will be an inspiration for you lads in the short term. But...when we do manage to achieve the goals set out in the 5 year plan the Tony has outlined then we'll be out of sight of every team in Scotland. 

By appointing Tam, hes ensured that we'll have Champions League standard youths falling out the academy going for millions. Just you wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Changing the mood a little , re Ogren getting his money back. Over a few years (2011- 2015, I think ) we sold

Russell £750k
Goodwillie £2million
Armstrong can’t remember
Mackay-Stevens can’t remember
Chifci £1 m?
Gauld £2 million ?
Robertson £ 2 million ?

The later with ad ons

Can’t be arsed looking up the exact figures but you get my point. It can be done.

And what happened in 2016?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Changing the mood a little , re Ogren getting his money back. Over a few years (2011- 2015, I think ) we sold

Russell £750k
Goodwillie £2million
Armstrong can’t remember
Mackay-Stevens can’t remember
Chifci £1 m?
Gauld £2 million ?
Robertson £ 2 million ?

The later with ad ons

Can’t be arsed looking up the exact figures but you get my point. It can be done.

How many of them were products of the youth set-up seeing as that appears to be the road Utd are going down?  Maybe they all were, I don't know.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should't overlook the gift Ogren has provided Scotland's  headline writers. Some puntastic opportunities incoming.

 "McPake faces Courts" previewing the first derby 

"Supreme Courts" if we beat the Dees

"Courts Disaster" if we lose to the Dees 

"Courts courts Rangers starlet" when the Record makes up a transfer rumour

"Courts lays down the law" when he tells Pawlett to pull his finger out 

"Courts appeal rejected" when he's suspended 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arabdownunder said:

Should't overlook the gift Ogren has provided Scotland's  headline writers. Some puntastic opportunities incoming.

 "McPake faces Courts" previewing the first derby 

"Supreme Courts" if we beat the Dees

"Courts Disaster" if we lose to the Dees 

"Courts courts Rangers starlet" when the Record makes up a transfer rumour

"Courts lays down the law" when he tells Pawlett to pull his finger out 

"Courts appeal rejected" when he's suspended 

'Up in Courts' a biology feature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, hk blues said:

How many of them were products of the youth set-up seeing as that appears to be the road Utd are going down?  Maybe they all were, I don't know.  

4 out of the seven, 1 from abroad on a free and 2 from lower leagues.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

4 out of the seven, 1 from abroad on a free and 2 from lower leagues.

Presumably you're trying to claim Stuart Armstrong as a "United academy product", despite the fact he was 17 when he joined?

Bit of a stretch, but your clubs been at that for a while now. Appere joined at 17 aswell yet is constantly marked as a youth product at United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

 

Presumably you're trying to claim Stuart Armstrong as a "United academy product", despite the fact he was 17 when he joined?

Bit of a stretch, but your clubs been at that for a while now. Appere joined at 17 aswell yet is constantly marked as a youth product at United.

You're right of course, both these were signed as first team players and went straight into the first team squad, didn't go into youth teams, and United didn't have anything to do with any development at all.

As we both know that that is bollocks. Yes they were older when they signed, Armstrong had been at 2 clubs previously,  they then played for a couple of years with the youth development sides (or Academy). Its like joining a new secondary school in 4th year & staying on to 6th year, still had input from the new school in development as well has what was learnt previously.

No ones (that knows) claiming United developed them from scratch, but certainly finished and helped in development. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

 

Presumably you're trying to claim Stuart Armstrong as a "United academy product", despite the fact he was 17 when he joined?

Bit of a stretch, but your clubs been at that for a while now. Appere joined at 17 aswell yet is constantly marked as a youth product at United.

and why does it bother you so much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

How much is Ogren worth again, @Twinkle

Erm i couldnt tell you mate. Hes got a lot more than you or me though

I think you may have me mixed up with another poster when it comes to this subject but i will let you off cos you are a good c**t most of the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

'Up in Courts' a biology feature. 

Courts Courts Colts if he tries to sign an Old Firm youth player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Erm i couldnt tell you mate. Hes got a lot more than you or me though

I think you may have me mixed up with another poster when it comes to this subject but i will let you off cos you are a good c**t most of the time

Damn autocorrect. I meant to write @ArabianKnight and the phone wrote @Twinkle.

Sorry for the misunderstanding! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Damn autocorrect. I meant to write @ArabianKnight and the phone wrote @Twinkle.

Sorry for the misunderstanding! 

I seem to remember that you argued he wasn't that rich but the accounts have literally shown he's dropped close to 7.5 million into United last year and doesn't show any signs of being bothered by that investment. 

His wee gas stations must be hella profitable likes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...