The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I'm concerned that this is the second manager thats bailed out under the new regime. 

Ok, Neilson I was glad to be rid of. He got us promoted but at the time it looked like he jumped ship pronto to Hertz as they are his club.

But now, the replacement we scouted out, paid money for and has known TA for years is "amicably" leaving after a relatively good season?

1606336880_200(2).gif.31fc6c0ded6ac560083bdb10a31ec583.gif

I'm highly concerned at whats going on behind the scenes tbh.

10 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Tried to warn you. Was told it was tin foil hat nonsense 

No danger of Ashgar/Courts for the vacant Head Coach/Manager role.

Surely the club will not risk the seriously negative fan backlash to such a ridiculous appointment.

Edited by CaspianChris

2 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

No danger of Ashgar/Courts for the vacant Head Coach/Manager role.

Surely the club will not the seriously negative fan backlash to such a ridiculous appointment.

If the backlash from fans was enough to make them back off from Malky McKay last summer I think you could increase that tenfold if Courts and Asghar jr were seriously being considered. 

13 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Exactly: competence was the requirement for the first season back, and the law of averages indicates it's highly unlikely we'll employ someone competent two times in a row. 

Having said that we did manage to give the job to several dumplings in a row prior to Mellon: I'll never understand the hostility some supporters showed him when we'd been used to worse than mediocrity for quite a few managers previously.

Exactly.

Never in danger of being dragged into relegation fight.

1 point from top six.

Semi-final of cup.

Only manager not able to sign during January transfer window.

10 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've never been off his back for years but thanks for part paying for McMullan to get Dundee promoted. Good c***s, IMO. 

Chuck him a wee bonus anaw, eh? ;)

Naw, think we’re quits now for your clubs email getting lost in the ether.

9 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Tried to warn you. Was told it was tin foil hat nonsense 

It is. Absolute nonsense. Anyone who seriously thinks that Adam Asghar or Tam Courts is going to get the gig needs to give their head a good hard wobble.

26 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

It is. Absolute nonsense. Anyone who seriously thinks that Adam Asghar or Tam Courts is going to get the gig needs to give their head a good hard wobble.

Ashgar Senior is yer problem. Absolute nonsense.....  screenshot this. Lots going on. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

I hope you’re right, but bear in mind the club is owned by a guy who thought that there was money to be made in Scottish football.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope you’re right, but bear in mind the club is owned by a guy who thought that there was money to be made in Scottish football.

Well, quite. 

f**k all I can do about it, but I hate the fact my club is basically just a plaything for an American millionaire who has installed the guy who convinced him to invest in it as the head honcho.

Surprised to see Mellon go he seemed set on staying in the post-match interview on Sunday - family moved to Scotland, lovely location to stay, joined golf club in personal terms and after a mixed first season back up onwards & upwards on the footballing side so I suppose he's been offered a fair wedge to move back down south.

No offence but I hope you bollox up his replacement.

Edited by btb