Twinkle

The Tam Courts Galacticos Thread 21/22

Relatively positive after tonight. If we want to bleed more kids into the team we are going to have to be a bit more patient as fans.  Reckon we are only a couple of key signings away from a solid top six team.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Its like saying would you prefer to be punched in the balls or kicked in the balls.

Punched. Obviously!

Fuchs showed tonight he is far better playing central than to the right of a 3 as he has recently. Getting Fuchs in Butchers spot and bring in a midfielder capable of playing forward passes would be a big step in the right direction for next season. 

If we can go into next season with Chalmers, Mochrie, Neilson, Meekison, Fotheringham, Appere, Glass, Smith and Freeman in and around the first team squad and pushing each other for starts then I think we'll do okay. Every one of those has made a positive impression in the last year; enough to suggest that they might go on to become really good players. They won't all do it but it's as big a crop of promising players as I can remember. 

46 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

If we can go into next season with Chalmers, Mochrie, Neilson, Meekison, Fotheringham, Appere, Glass, Smith and Freeman in and around the first team squad and pushing each other for starts then I think we'll do okay. Every one of those has made a positive impression in the last year; enough to suggest that they might go on to become really good players. They won't all do it but it's as big a crop of promising players as I can remember. 

So long as:

a) they have a compliment of experienced players around them,

b) we play a style of football that suits the talents of the players, and

c) we are not playing players out of position (for example strikers as midfielders).

Of the young players I’ve seen I think Kerr Smith has the most potential.  16 years old and doesn’t look out of place at centre back.  Good height, fast and very decent on the ball.

I think Chalmers has come a long way this season and it’s a real shame he missed so many games through injury.  Was brilliant in the first half last night and will hopefully be a regular starter next season.

the rest of them I’m not sure, have seen flashes from them all that suggest they could become good players so with the right attitude and managed correctly hopefully another 1 or 2 can become first team starters next season.

8 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

MacKenzie Lemon*, Lewis Fraser*. 

*Graduate of Dundee United youth academy. 

Mark Connolly has snapped a cruciate ligament.

Means we're definitely getting a new CB in the summer imo.

I also have a feeling that Reynolds might be away this summer. Rumours of Cove being interested, but that's all I've heard.

6 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

I also have a feeling that Reynolds might be away this summer. Rumours of Cove being interested, but that's all I've heard.

Would be a natural home for him tbh

7 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

Bad news for Connolly, but we needed a new CB anyway. 
Can’t say I’d be upset if Reynolds goes and it’s fairly illustrative that Cove is the level he’s linked with.

I hope we can keep a hold of Kerr Smith but the big clubs seem to be circling.

Mark Connolly seemed to take a few injuries later on in the match on Wednesday, and given his style I wonder if he was driven on with adrenalin, as an acl injury isn't always immediately noticeable, in fact it's sometimes after the body cools down that it becomes apparent.

Sorry for him, he's had a bad year.

That's why Mulgrew is getting brought in. Cove want Reynolds as player to be player coach in the near future. 

Horrible news re Connolly. Dont rate him as a player but its never nice to hear someone getting a serious injury. 

Seen on another United forum that someone has mentioned a rumour that a cash + Doohan deal has been agreed with Celtic for Seigrist.

No idea how much truth is in that though.

Seen on another United forum that someone has mentioned a rumour that a cash + Doohan deal has been agreed with Celtic for Seigrist.
He's off whatever happens, so if we get a player in return and that player is not Scott Bain, then fair enough. Ben Siegrist is better than any keeper currently at Celtic, so it makes sense if true.

11 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

2+2=5