The Dundee United Thread 22/23

17 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I can see Mellon going and with probably a little more goodwill than Neilson went with, but not much.

Neilson was a bellend. Micky has done nothing much to piss anybody off - in fact if we finish 7th he's done a cracking job!

That said, I don't share any fears that he'll be offski.

He left a decent gig at Tranmere to come back to Scotland. Are Doncaster really that much bigger a draw than Tranmere? Barely, I would suggest.

12 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I am nowhere near as enthralled with Mellon as some of you clearly are, so if he goes I'm not bothered.

Honestly think he's overrated on this forum to be honest.

^^^

Regular Eastfootball poster identified

3 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

I much prefer Mellon to Neilson as well. 

Likeable guy and he has got our squad punching above they're weight. Would quite like to see what he can do with a decent summer behind him.

I don’t get this ‘logic’.  Mellon has other options now that he refuses to use.  He played some decent attacking games early in the season that we won then reverted to his eye bleed inducing Mellonesque style.

If he stays then fair enough but I won’t shed tears if he goes.  All that said if the choice was Mellon or Neilson I’d take Mellon all day long.

18 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Eastfootball.co.uk. A United forum 

Are United supporters still basically the only support that use that site? Last time I looked in it was deserted bar a few (nutcase) United fans. 

2 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

Yeah, EF makes for interesting reading on Mellon.

Its terrifying reading at times. 

2 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Showing my age here maybe but I don't even know what is!

It's a United forum and its basically populated mostly by raging nut jobs and people who still think its the 1980s. Some normal folk on there but they seem to he muffled by the fruitcakes. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Are United supporters still basically the only support that use that site? Last time I looked in it was deserted bar a few (nutcase) United fans. 

Aye, more or less. Also full o boys in the know wha type oary and ahing. And its no even fur a joke.

14 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I am nowhere near as enthralled with Mellon as some of you clearly are, so if he goes I'm not bothered.

Honestly think he's overrated on this forum to be honest.

I don't think I'm quite enthralled yet. But I'm reasonably happy with how he's done at least so far. 

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t get this ‘logic’.  Mellon has other options now that he refuses to use.  He played some decent attacking games early in the season that we won then reverted to his eye bleed inducing Mellonesque style.

If he stays then fair enough but I won’t shed tears if he goes.  All that said if the choice was Mellon or Neilson I’d take Mellon all day long.

I think for a large part of the season he didn't trust the squad he had was capable of playing decent football and winning games simultaneously. I think we can all see this was wrong but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until next season when we have been able to prepare properly. I'll reserve my moaning until then. 

To varying degrees over the boards United fans have been quite critical of Mellon throughout the season, quite unfairly to my mind. From the first game of the season against St Johnstone, through to the recent draw with Hamilton, hardly a player has stood out, and only Benji, again in my view, has gained pass marks over the Premiership course. Edwards has improved once settled in, Fuchs shaded off, Shankland missed sitters in the matches mentioned, and Micky Mellon has had to forge a side out of very little.

I don't think any fan is beguiled by Mellon, at the same time can't understand fans not taking into account the barriers he's faced.