Twinkle

The Tam Courts Galacticos Thread 21/22

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I think it’s fair to say that English League 1 is a step up from most Scottish Premiership clubs.

A lot of them definitely have more money yes. Guess it depends what you call a step up.

Just now, Accent-Unknown said:

A lot of them definitely have more money yes. Guess it depends what you call a step up.

Very crudely put, more money = better quality of player.  Not always admittedly.

Better quality of players = better football.

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Very crudely put, more money = better quality of player.  Not always admittedly.

wE NeEd AlL tHe bIG cLuBs In ThE tOp LeAgUe, right you are Gordon Strachan.

31 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

wE NeEd AlL tHe bIG cLuBs In ThE tOp LeAgUe, right you are Gordon Strachan.

Its true though tbf. We'd have Dundee, Hertz, Dunfermline and Raith. Id maybe even put ICT in there. All decent sized teams over the years and id have them back in the top league.

Second tier would have more of the community clubs like Hamilton, QOTS, Morton, St Johnstone, Arbroath etc.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Id love to see what state English football would be like if Sky etc went tits up.

Man City, Chelsea and Leicester would revert to bottom half at best filler teams, clubs like West Brom, Brighton and Burnley would fritter away to Championship no marks again and there would be a chance to turn football back into a sport and not a billionaires pissing contest.

13 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Id love to see what state English football would be like if Sky etc went tits up.

Man City, Chelsea and Leicester would revert to bottom half at best filler teams, clubs like West Brom, Brighton and Burnley would fritter away to Championship no marks again and there would be a chance to turn football back into a sport and not a billionaires pissing contest.

Maybe so but I don’t see that happening any time soon.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe so but I don’t see that happening any time soon.

Agree. Sadly, someone will always buy the rights at crazy money.

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Calling it now. Micky will be away in the summer and McInnes in. 

McInnes won't be a yes man though. I feel Asghar wants somebody more, well, open to instructions. 

22 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

McInnes won't be a yes man though. I feel Asghar wants somebody more, well, open to instructions. 

Mark Connolly got a new contract, which suggests you may need to be open to instructions, but necessarily able to follow them.

First you manage to offload Robbie the tramp for a pretty penny and now it appears somebody wants to give you actual money for another dud. I tip my hat hat to you, really I do.

47 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

On tv tonight saying he has unfinished business at United.

46 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Mark Connolly got a new contract, which suggests you may need to be open to instructions, but necessarily able to follow them.

Dunno. Asghar would have needed to sanction that contract - strange when you consider he wants to blood the youths his son is bringing through at all costs as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

I can see Mellon going and with probably a little more goodwill than Neilson went with, but not much. McInnes will be looking to get back into a club in England, maybe lower end Championship/ Top end League 1. I wouldn't be massively enthused by McInnes, although he's clearly a good manager. Given the Academy focus I'd be tempted to go for Cathro (which I appreciate is mental considering how badly things went at Hearts for him). 

46 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I can see Mellon going and with probably a little more goodwill than Neilson went with, but not much. McInnes will be looking to get back into a club in England, maybe lower end Championship/ Top end League 1. I wouldn't be massively enthused by McInnes, although he's clearly a good manager. Given the Academy focus I'd be tempted to go for Cathro (which I appreciate is mental considering how badly things went at Hearts for him). 

Nah I'm firmly in the Cathro camp. Especially if Frail stayed as number 2.

If you actually go from Neilson to Mellon to McInnes AND have managed to get money for Neilson and Mellon all the whilst improving the club's position in the league then that's an absolute masterstroke tbh.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

This, however, would make me more pleased about things.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Nah I'm firmly in the Cathro camp. Especially if Frail stayed as number 2.

775119002_tenor(18).gif.cde1b48449749769e599369e01c8f72c.gif

On 13/04/2021 at 05:04, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not 100% but didn't Robinson say something crazy like he will only return to manage in Scotland if its at the big two? 

giphy.gif.014784cf534b74b5f9f4af19e1f0570b.gif