The Dundee United Thread 22/23

8 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

As much as AA is bad I don't think I'll ever lower myself to join AU. 

It's like the spice boy safe space. 

youll be setting up the United Anonymous Arabs page then surely?

Edited by GFARAB82

Off-loading McMullan and C Smith makes a lot of sense. I'm miles from being a fan of McMullan and he's been the most frustrating player we've had in a long time. Can't cross, has the physicality of a 3 year old and either runs the ball out of play or holds on to the ball too long and loses possession. Yes, he can occasionally go past a player and is fast but his end product over the piece has been really poor bar 1 purple patch last season. 

Wish the guy no ill will though, hes just not very good and is a mid to upper Championship player at best.

C Smith has done nothing really. Alot of huff and puff and effort but hasn't taken his (very rare tbf) chances. Best for him to go and re build his career somewhere else. Good luck to him.

Wondering if we'll look to bring someone in on loan?

Id definitely be keeping Clark, hes done really well and has been one of our most important players.

Powers...hmm...with Fuchs coming in id be looking for better than Powers, Harkes and Butcher to partner him. Hes not had much of a run of games but I get the feeling hes going to over the next wee while so he might end up earning a new contract.

Harkes can go with McMullan.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Yes, he can occasionally go past a player and is fast but his end product over the piece has been really poor bar 1 purple patch last season.

Not really bothered if he goes, but...

In his last 3 seasons, prior to this one where he has hardly played, he has scored 20 goals and provided 22 assists.

No other attacking midfielder or wide player we've had in the same time comes even remotely close.

11 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

In his last 3 seasons, prior to this one where he has hardly played, he has scored 20 goals and provided 22 assists.

No other attacking midfielder or wide player we've had in the same time comes even remotely close.

Damned with faint praise 

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

And thats a huge reason why we were in the seaside league for so long.

12 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Damned with faint praise 

Indeed, but that's kinda the point.

While I don't think McMullan is anything special and if the gaffer doesn't rate him, he may as well go.

BUT the fact he is the standout among a plethora of other players we have signed shows how difficult it is to get effective players in the creative positions.

Personally, if we're 1-0 down going into the last 15 mins of the game, I might take some comfort in being able to throw on a player like McMullan whose pace alone can help create an opportunity.

56 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Apparently confirmed by the Dees to have signed a pre contract. 

Why not just let him go now? 

because perhaps they cant afford or don't want to pay a fee for him 😉