The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Fuchs needing to see a surgeon about his injury and McNulty might have a stress fracture on his ankle.

Mellon also saying that Robert from Airdrie isn’t happening and that we should expect very little movement in January.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Fuchs needing to see a surgeon about his injury and McNulty might have a stress fracture on his ankle.

Mellon also saying that Robert from Airdrie isn’t happening and that we should expect very little movement in January.

Well reading that news in bed this morning certainly left me with Tears on my Pillow...

44 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

We will surely sign a central midfielder. 

I don't know how much more I can take of Harkes flailing around the park.

I didn't see the game but apparently Powers did well and was good on the ball.

I know he's got the pace of my dead granny and the turning circle of an oil tanker but maybe, just maybe (with someone who can do the running...who probably would end up being Harkes, sigh) he can offer something this season?

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I didn't see the game but apparently Powers did well and was good on the ball.

I know he's got the pace of my dead granny and the turning circle of an oil tanker but maybe, just maybe (with someone who can do the running...who probably would end up being Harkes, sigh) he can offer something this season?

Jackson Irvine can run IIRC.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Well, looks like the offer has been made to McMullan from Dens. Not best pleased. How has he looked this season in the top flight (when he's had games)? 

Just his usual self, works hard, can at times go past players for fun but majority of time his final pass or cross is too weak or just totally inaccurate.  In the championship he got a lot more opportunities to play a through ball or put in a cross so more of them were ultimately successful.  Not played many games this season but think he’s on 0 assists and 0 goals (in the league anyway)

19 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Just his usual self, works hard, can at times go past players for fun but majority of time his final pass or cross is too weak or just totally inaccurate.  In the championship he got a lot more opportunities to play a through ball or put in a cross so more of them were ultimately successful.  Not played many games this season but think he’s on 0 assists and 0 goals (in the league anyway)

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Don't forget just running the ball off the park 2 or 3 times a game 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

angry mark cuban GIF

Seems like a McDaid/Kerr type player. 

You should be happy with that @Mr. Alli? They are your favou... oh wait no, nevermind.

McMullan, just like a few others in the squad, is a likeable guy who has always given his best for United during a difficult spell for the club. Being part of the promoted group means he deserved his chance at proving himself in the top-flight but he has hardly played and anytime he has, it hasn’t really worked out for him.

Probably the kind of player who will spend his entire career at the upper end of the Championship, doing a reasonable job for whoever he plays for.

Wish him the best if he does leave.

In other news it seems that the players have all now agreed to a wage cut, with the promise of the money back once we get back to ‘normal’ (which worries me, because at this rate it will be 2027).

No goals or assists in the league this season for McMullan. I think he got an assist in one of the league cup games. Brechin maybe? I think when he has come in and started games this year he has been OK. Killie and Motherwell at home specifically he looked fairly decent. If Dundee were to be in the Championship next season then its a great signing. If they get promoted then he is just a decent squad player, similar to what he has been for us this season.

If he goes in January I'd like to see us replace him but with everything going on I just cant see it. Zero incomings for me this month I think. Unless we do bring back some boys from Loan spells. Hoti maybe being the most likely? Seen lots of calls for Mochrie to return. Not for me. Give him the season out there, playing 90 mins every week and the player we'll get back in the summer will be so much more than he is now. He is getting rave reviews, let it run.