The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

After last night’s performance both McMullan and Sporle should be starting our next game.  Ideally in a 4-4-2 but even if we keep the same formation.

Pawlett shouldn’t be anywhere near the team based on recent performances.

You seriously thought that McMullen had a good game??

I've been McMullan things over and I believe he should be given a run in the team.

Even just running in the direction of the opposition box there's a chance the ball might bobble off him and end up at the feet of Sir Lawrence, or someone brings him down à la that sand dancing Dundee winger in the 6-2 last season.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I've been McMullan things over and I believe he should be given a run in the team.

Even just running in the direction of the opposition box there's a chance the ball might bobble off him and end up at the feet of Sir Lawrence.

It certainly wouldn’t be deliberate from McMullen.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was initially the first choice out of the two, was he not?

If you're referring to Rakovan then aye he was the starter at the beginning. The first game after Laszlo was sacked Siegrist was put in by Ellis.

Rakovan can best be summed by two things: 1. his only clean sheets came against Falkirk, and 2. in the 5-1 loss to Ross County, he started, and, with us losing 1-0 Ayr and Siegrist down injured, he came on from the bench... and conceded 4.

A genuinely atrocious goalkeeper.

Was Rakovan the boy who was posting airport selfies saying how glad he was to leave? 

That was actually Siegrist. He was backup to Rakovan at the time and he left Dundee to travel down south during a break in fixtures. He posted on Instagram that he was “happy to leave”.

Siegrist was probably quite close to leaving permanently during that period. Been quite the turnaround for him.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Worth highlighting this again...

He may be pish, but maybe some pish is better than no pish. Stats from last season 👇

ad.jpg

That was a league below where you are now. I am only going by what my eyes told me last night.

6 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Nah Connolly taking a pen was crass stupidity. What made it even more worse is that he had before that had a very decent game, one of his best in his time at the club (and that's saying something). 

He's really shot himself in the foot by blootering it the way he did. Glad I switched off before the pens were taken. 

It must have disappointed a lot of our supporters when he played quite well last night. It was good of him to miss the penalty so everyone could all have a good moan at him.

28 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It must have disappointed a lot of our supporters when he played quite well last night. It was good of him to miss the penalty so everyone could all have a good moan at him.

Yeah, I hate when our players play well.

f**k sake, your mrs burn your tea tonight?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I wish your eyes would tell you to take your pish elsewhere.

I was under the impression that you were like me, older and a bit mature, obviously not. Last night McMullen had loads of the ball. He continually drove forward with it and did absolutely zero constructively. He would either run the ball out of play for a goal kick, drive into the box and pass to a Saints player, or cross to a Saints player. He may get away with that in a lower league, but won’t against most Premiership teams.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I was under the impression that you were like me, older and a bit mature, obviously not. Last night McMullen had loads of the ball. He continually drove forward with it and did absolutely zero constructively. He would either run the ball out of play for a goal kick, drive into the box and pass to a Saints player, or cross to a Saints player. He may get away with that in a lower league, but won’t against most Premiership teams.

Older, not necessarily mature.

Everything is relative, McMullen played better than others in that position have and will improve with more game time, something he’s not had much of this season. 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Older, not necessarily mature.

Everything is relative, McMullen played better than others in that position have and will improve with more game time, something he’s not had much of this season. 

I did say that I was a bit mature, but I didn’t say how big a bit.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

That was actually Siegrist. He was backup to Rakovan at the time and he left Dundee to travel down south during a break in fixtures. He posted on Instagram that he was “happy to leave”.

Siegrist was probably quite close to leaving permanently during that period. Been quite the turnaround for him.

Was Siegrist not going down to England to attend a relative's birthday event, and some fans misconstrued the content of a post, which as I recall wasn't verbatim 'happy to leave'. Don't think it was a big deal, but as ever, there was a section of the United support who jumped on the content and used it to complain.