The Dundee United Thread 22/23

17 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’m an old b*****d. The use of ‘yous’ is lazy, ignorant and just simply f*ck*ng wrong. There is no argument about that. And since I’m on my high horse, people that inappropriately use the word ‘so’ to start a sentence to answer a question should be made to watch a rerun of last night’s match, without the penalties, on a permanent loop.

Modern English, unlike some other languages, has only one form of “you” for both singular and plural.

It is you who is ignorant.

Yous is absolutely a valid English word and even if it wasn't it would be completely acceptable to use vernacular Scots, with it's adoption of the second person plural from the Gaelic languages, on an online football forum.

Keep your cringe to yourself

58 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye we should ignore the fact that she’s a tax dodger because she’s an Arab.  Typical tribal mentality.

At what point did I say ignore it?

At what point did I say tax dodging was acceptable?

I said they'd probably all do the same in her position and twitter is a shit show. Where am I wrong?

27 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It is you who is ignorant.

Yous is absolutely a valid English word and even if it wasn't it would be completely acceptable to use vernacular Scots, with it's adoption of the second person plural from the Gaelic languages, on an online football forum.

Keep your cringe to yourself

Ooo, get you. I apologise for upsetting you so much. You haven’t changed anything that I know is totally wrong though, but don’t upset yourself anymore about it. 

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

At what point did I say ignore it?

At what point did I say tax dodging was acceptable?

I said they'd probably all do the same in her position and twitter is a shit show. Where am I wrong?

I don’t do Twitter so I’ll take your word.

I think people are right to point out Kelly’s hypocrisy.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t do Twitter so I’ll take your word.

I think people are right to point out Kelly’s hypocrisy.

Again im not arguing that point, I'm pointing out that given the chance, they'd all likely do what she did. 

Anyway, were getting pumped.

Boooooo.

31 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ooo, get you. I apologise for upsetting you so much. You haven’t changed anything that I know is totally wrong though, but don’t upset yourself anymore about it. 

The only person upset is the one with such an ignorance of linguistic register that they felt the need to comment on it.

Doubling down on your ignorance in the face of facts is a sure sign of someone not all bothered to have exposed their stupidity of themselves in public too.

PS anymore as a single word used as an adverb is American English. HtH 

Played off the fucking park by a mid table League 1 team, playing their first competitive game in 7 months.

Dominated in possession and barely registered a shot on goal, and lucky it wasn’t more than 0-1

That lot need to take a right good look at themselves.

Absolutely fucking rancid......

Heard there's been a mintering...

I walked past Tannadice earlier and the press entry was wide open with no stewards in sight. I briefly thought about sneaking in but decided against it.

Sounds like the United players didn't turn up either.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Heard there's been a mintering...

I walked past Tannadice earlier and the press entry was wide open with no stewards in sight. I briefly thought about sneaking in but decided against it.

Sounds like the United players didn't turn up either.

You made the correct decision. Willie Miller was covering the game today.