The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Think the McNulty move has scupper that one. Unless we can pre contract him for the following season or if we sell Shankland in Jan. Which I hope we don't.

Id rather we got a decent centre half amd a winger in the Jan window if we have the budget.

Im sure we'll see Pav back one day.

1 hour ago, dregs 83 said:

I don’t think so, it said PPV on the website but when I clicked on the link for tickets it wasn’t working.

That's what I'm getting.

I'd maybe pay a fiver so would be good to know how much they are charging for this.

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Think the McNulty move has scupper that one. Unless we can pre contract him for the following season or if we sell Shankland in Jan. Which I hope we don't.

Id rather we got a decent centre half amd a winger in the Jan window if we have the budget.

Im sure we'll see Pav back one day.

He isn't out of contract next summer, he has a year to go after that 

1 hour ago, Tap in 94 said:

He isn't out of contract next summer, he has a year to go after that 

Transfermrkt have him out of contract next June, and generally they are pretty reliable. I've tried to find a source to confirm the contract he signed when he went to Romania but can't seem to get one.

I'd like to see him back at some point, but I don't know if it will ever happen.

Edit - The same site also lists Bouhenna as being out of contract next summer. Not that it has to be big, beautiful Rachid, but we would be much improved with a central defender like him (someone comfortable on the ball).

Edited by stumigoo

20 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Not to revisit old ground and to be accused of negativity after a 6-2 win but seeing as yous have brought it up what do you think each of the CHs thought their role was at that second Brechin goal?

Not sure they thought very much in the lead up, but after it they probably thought it was the other's fault, and Connolly on the bench would think both were culpable and it wouldn't have happened if he'd been playing.

It might be said that they had relaxed as we were four then three goals ahead, but Reynolds especially had been very poor all game. Having said that Edwards was very much out of position at the goal, Powers I think played a short pass to Harkes which he never shielded and as the opponents broke, Edwards took an age to realise there was any problem and slowly, far too slowly, tried to get back. Neilson was too slow to cover as well.

The amount of space the Brechin player had to play a ball across the box was criminal.

20 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Not sure they thought very much in the lead up, but after it they probably thought it was the other's fault, and Connolly on the bench would think both were culpable and it wouldn't have happened if he'd been playing.

It might be said that they had relaxed as we were four then three goals ahead, but Reynolds especially had been very poor all game. Having said that Edwards was very much out of position at the goal, Powers I think played a short pass to Harkes which he never shielded and as the opponents broke, Edwards took an age to realise there was any problem and slowly, far too slowly, tried to get back. Neilson was too slow to cover as well.

The amount of space the Brechin player had to play a ball across the box was criminal.

Agree about Edwards. Anyone can be out of position in a counter attack

I have no earthly idea what Reynolds is doing 

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Transfermrkt have him out of contract next June, and generally they are pretty reliable. I've tried to find a source to confirm the contract he signed when he went to Romania but can't seem to get one.

I'd like to see him back at some point, but I don't know if it will ever happen.

Edit - The same site also lists Bouhenna as being out of contract next summer. Not that it has to be big, beautiful Rachid, but we would be much improved with a central defender like him (someone comfortable on the ball).

Big Rachid would most definitely add a bit of quality. I liked him in midfield but he'd slot in at CH no problem either. 

Unfortunately I don't think he'd come back as willingly as Pav. Both of them would add to the squad and we'd have the most handsome squad in the league.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Not to revisit old ground and to be accused of negativity after a 6-2 win but seeing as yous have brought it up what do you think each of the CHs thought their role was at that second Brechin goal?

The plural of you, is you. “Yous” is not a word.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The plural of you, is you. “Yous” is not a word.

I don't like it but I grudgingly accept "You's" as a shortened version of "You guys" or something like that.

Worst is when people spell it as "use" though.

33 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It is. You could argue it's not a standard word, but it is listed in many respected dictionaries.

I’m an old b*****d. The use of ‘yous’ is lazy, ignorant and just simply f*ck*ng wrong. There is no argument about that. And since I’m on my high horse, people that inappropriately use the word ‘so’ to start a sentence to answer a question should be made to watch a rerun of last night’s match, without the penalties, on a permanent loop.

Modern English, unlike some other languages, has only one form of “you” for both singular and plural.

Edited by kingjoey

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m an old b*****d. The use of ‘yous’ is lazy, ignorant and just simply f*ck*ng wrong. There is no argument about that. And since I’m on my high horse, people that inappropriately use the word ‘so’ to start a sentence to answer a question should be made to watch a rerun of last night’s match, without the penalties, on a permanent loop.

Modern English, unlike some other languages, has only one form of “you” for both singular and plural.

I agree with most of what you write, most especially starting sentences with 'so': I've chided many people for this in conversation, most recently a doctor.

And in written form, I don't favour the use of 'yous', but the fact of the matter is it is recognised as a word by various dictionaries, Cambridge and Oxford included. 

28 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I agree with most of what you write, most especially starting sentences with 'so': I've chided many people for this in conversation, most recently a doctor.

And in written form, I don't favour the use of 'yous', but the fact of the matter is it is recognised as a word by various dictionaries, Cambridge and Oxford included. 

I appreciate your response.

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Big Rachid would most definitely add a bit of quality. I liked him in midfield but he'd slot in at CH no problem either. 

Unfortunately I don't think he'd come back as willingly as Pav. Both of them would add to the squad and we'd have the most handsome squad in the league.

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but wasn't Rachid essentially ousted from the team by Connolly and Reynolds?